Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. I get the feeling that was just a problem with yours, I have a flat burnt titanium evo-r one laying around, needs the holes redrilling but other than that it fits fine.
  2. What kind of meet is this?!?
  3. Ignoring the improved power/torque/economy/throttle response/speed delimited reasons for now... One of the main reasos people get this done is to remove the 1st-3rd gear throttle limitation. Some people say the car only allows a percentage of the throttle in these gears but I've been told that's not exactly true. I was told that it's like an elastic band on the throttle, so if you push the pedal to 100% open, you'll receive 100% throttle but it will be a slightly gradual increase to 100% rather than immediate. While this sounds like an obvious improvement for a sports car, I also found that it also has a downside in that if you use your car for in town/stop start driving you have to be more precise with the throttle as the car won't smooth out your actions. It wasn't an issue for me and I'm sure you'd get used to it quickly anyway. HR still benefits a lot from an UpRev.
  4. When I crashed a car a *long* time ago I was with the AA who charged me an arm and a leg to recover the car, with the RAC it's free - this should be covered by your insurance anyway however I'm sure some probably have clauses on uninsured drivers crashing in to you etc. Don't know if that's still the same though.
  5. Definitely worth it, where are you based? There aren't many people that do UpRev (the remapping used for the 350), if you tell you the best people to speak to. BTW, someone really needs to make one of the many uprev/remapping threads sticky! (hint hint mods).
  6. You might want to rephrase "fully loaded" to "the GT specification", fully loaded would include satnav. I haven't looked at prices in a while but that seems like a good price already considering the mileage. GLWTS.
  7. Yeah, got a full exhaust form an '07 HR that was taken off between 17 and 21k miles (it was taken off in stages), but really don't want to post. I'm sure he'll sort you out.
  8. What about these?
  9. That's why you're not invited! I'll buy the beer.
  10. Think I'm a bit far to pop down to then (Surbiton).
  11. Please could we change the title of this thread to "CAMPTWAT & The History of 350z-UK.com"? You can shove an elipsis in there as well if you like.
  12. I'm suprised nobody has suggested PMing SMD to advise on cleaning vinyl/PVC etc...
  13. Where are you doing the part out? I might be tempted to come along, don't expect any help though as I wouldn't want to break anything!
  14. Where are you based?
  15. I use Nissan for my services which includes RAC breakdown cover... which considering I use Nissan for servicing I may actually need to use it in the future!
  16. I would've got the wife to call while I concentrated on the running over driving.
  17. Actually the garage bug is still broken! Just bought the Koniggsegg type thing and the fast motorbike... after killing myself on the bike trying to do a stunt jump both are gone! FFS, there goes another mill!
  18. I can't seem to download the patch, I just get a black screen... can't really play solo either as I only need to do stunt jumps and stuff which every time I buy a car to use and take it out of the garage it vanishes! Grrrr! EDIT: Found a fix, pressing O to skip the update, then going to online in the in game menu works. At least now I should be able to use my garage without cars/bikes vanishing!
  19. By "best" do they mean the owners clubs etc that have publicised the competition the most?
  20. Search Uprev on here, there's various upsides to it but I'm not going to type them all out for the umpteenth time.
  21. They've almost sold out of next months? I haven't got this months yet!
  22. SPOILERS MAN !!!!! Is that a spoiler? It's not even part of a mission, it's just the really mundane find X number of object Y as people obviously don't spend enough time in the real world hunting for their car keys and really want to spend hours doing it in a game with no reward apart from maybe a trophy/achievment at the end. Seriously, why do game makers still put this crap in games apart from to pad the game out? I think there's 6 "find X of Y" type things in this game, and that's not even including stunt jumps, knife flights, under the bridge etc! Maybe I should create a game simply titled "Find your car keys"... or "Lost your marbles"?
  23. I'm guessing you're not interested in offering a polishing service as well?
  24. FTFY.
×
×
  • Create New...