Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. After seeing major depreciation for the last few years I'm hoping this is true! I gave up looking a while ago though as it was getting fairly depressing for a while.
  2. I don't run a virus checker.
  3. That's alright, I'm getting an alignment as well.
  4. That sounds like you're thinking in the box to me.
  5. Hi All, Did anyone fit these themselves? I've had a quote for £156 - £234 depending on the time taken from a reputable garage, however that seems like quite a bit for essentially 8 bolts... the garage mentioned that the bracing kits never seem to fit and need a few tweaks to make the bolts fit. BTW, Tarmac, I haven't forgotten about this - I'll give you a postage address this week! Haydn.
  6. Seems like a car I'd have to see in person to like or not, it's possibly a bit Marmite. Generally I like it, but as an example, what on earth are the round bits next to the headlights? I can't see any point in them apart from styling - they just seem wrong!
  7. Have you got any friends that work in car sales? While you won't get a guarantee they get the checks done for pennies (i.e: < 10p!). Personally I don't think they're offering that much with a guarantee anyway, if the car comes up clean on the HPI there's little risk of something being wrong enough that they'd pay out on.
  8. Considering you'd be up to 60mph in < 6 seconds leaving another 3.6 seconds of 60+... I don't think I even need to finish the maths off.
  9. Do the Rolls Royce logo spinners count? Personally I think the RRs are flashy enough to get away with it. Personally I don't see the point and would never do this to 1 of my cars. On the other hand it's hardly going to wreck your performance, so if the owner likes it then fair play - they're just trying to be individual with their cars which is the reason Zeditis exists to some extent.
  10. Did you add a larger sump and oil cooler?
  11. it's in the skip with the tape deck and the mini disc Mini disc?!?
  12. Interesting article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/02 ... _on_linux/
  13. Same height - but it sticks out a further 1.5" or so forward on each corner.
  14. The female bear's face says it all really: Ooooh yeah I'm getting some: WTF you only lasted a minute?!?:
  15. Judging by that pic, anyone with a Nismo front should be just about ok as long as they aren't lowered, although it doesn't look like anyone is going to try it out from the comments above.
  16. Does the seller live on salt flats or something? That's rusted and scratched as hell for a 4 week old exhaust!
  17. Danish what??? Sorry lol copy and paste fail, shes a volleyballer Damn that's a shame, I thought she was good at using her hands with... well you get the idea.
  18. FYI: Mine are being fitted on the 13th, will let you know how they feel.
  19. Danish what???
  20. I've noted this thread title and I'm going to quietly pretend it never existed... if anyone sees me in this thread again please call my nurse to take me back to the asylum.
  21. A question for the ladies on the forum if I may - I know all these athletes want to be known for their abilities rather than their looks... but are there any females who actually dislike being seen as attractive? Personally if I was added to a "totty list" I'd be chuffed to bits.
  22. So the record stands at drifting 46 times around a public roundabout? They sound like awesome drivers, I want to be part of their gang!
  23. So make sure these points are listed near the top of your CV and that the description of your time at university expands on what you've done in these areas, although if you're asking about an interview you've probably already submitted your CV. Also it sounds like you're pretty much the ideal graduate candidate for this role based purely on your education, so speak loudly and be confident! If you're voice sounds loud to you it probably sounds normal and confident to others. Getting along with other candidates should be fairly easy, they're all there for the same reason and probably just as nervous as you will be! Try and enjoy getting to know and working with them, smile and show you're happy working in a group. While the quality of your team's solution may have a part in the task, they're probably looking for how you work as part of a team more. Will you express your ideas openly? Will you back down and support someone else's idea if it's a better solution than yours? How do you work around problems? Do you show leadership qualities? Don't be surprised if you have to present your solution to the recruiters and the other groups at the end of the task - this is an area most people dislike, do a google search for presentation skills (speak loudly, smile etc) and be prepared. Haydn.
  24. Something I haven't seen mentioned but can't stress enough is to write you CV tailored to each and every job you apply for, if the job spec asks for someone with skills X,Y and Z I want to see those skills listed somewhere bloody obvious. If I get 50 CVs for one role and somebody has listed skill Y on page 7 I'm not going to even get that far, the CV will be in the bin even if they could possibly be Jesus applying for a role as a priest - writing that you can turn water in to wine on page 7 or hidden in a huge paragraph just isn't going to get read! Will's post is a good one so I won't re-iterate what he's said, a few expansions though: Very true, at graduate level they won't be looking so much for what you know, they'll be looking for how your mind works related to the position - so a logical thought process is most likely to be a factor for a software testing job I would have thought. I can't stress this enough, you're a graduate so they're not expecting you to have a wealth of knowledge, they're looking for someone they can mould to their requirements - to do that they need someone who will ask the right questions, take on board the answers and apply that new knowledge. This is important for any interview regardless of experience, if someone turns up to an interview and hasn't even bothered researching the company I would disregard them immediately. I've found it useful to take a folder (leather bound if possible but that's a small thing) containing a spare CV or 2, a few prints of relevant parts of their website (things like what the core products are, number of employees, countries they operate/have offices in, recent news) and any other interesting bits of info you can find on the company elsewhere - opening the older to show a print of the website immediately tells the interviewer that you've prepared and have done your homework on the company. Be aware that interviewers may either test you on what you've printed or will jump to the conclusion you've learnt it and use the time to ask other questions that you can't prepare so well for though. Further, the employers probably need to fill the position more than you need to accept it! If they don't fill the position soon, even with a less than perfect candidate, the company/team will be failing to perform (e.g: revenue:sales staff, customer satisfaction:support staff). It's especially hard to obtain head count in this economic climate so the role will tend to be seen as a vital position to fill. I feel that the more jobs you've done the more you realise that the recruiting company is more desperate for the right staff than the good staff are of finding the right role. Software testing covers a very wide range of roles though, do you have any more info on the role to see what they do and where they're trying to position you? Haydn.
  25. As the dyno is at the hubs the flywheel readout can at best be a mathematical guess, If you ask Mark@Abbey he'll give you the formula he uses to calculate the flywheel number. Personally I don't think the numbers are the main reason to get an uprev though.
×
×
  • Create New...