Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. From the album: SpursMadDave

    Blue Brembo's

    © SMD 2012

  2. Yeah strange indeed.... If I read that advert and came to look at the car I wouldn't be expecting strange at all.... Dave if YOU read that advert and came to look at the car you'd be wearing stockings and suspensers in the hope of a bumming Looking at the car and the owner I would almost certainly be in luck
  3. 'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low.'
  4. I would stir my bosses tea with it Good job in recovering from the earlier Fail
  5. Yes but then only matched after doing all 4.... Its the only way IMHO - as Nissan won't release the wheel paint codes its down to the individual wheel refurbers doing their best - some of which, as we are seeing are less than satisfactory. So I would bite the bullet and go for all 4 (or insist the dealer pays for all 4) but make sure the final finish is as close to OEM spec as possible. A pot of touch paint will then help deal with any subsequent stone chips/minor clips +1 and I am sure Lepsons or an equally good outfit will do an excellent job
  6. Yes but then only matched after doing all 4....
  7. Am I really the only one here who doesn't pootle i own a jag so everywhere is pootling its the old man in me Well tell the old man to leave you alone then
  8. If it were me I think I would get a simple powder coat done... yes the oem finish is but this isn't the 1st thread on how difficult it is to colour match, and I suspect how expensive Not that this is an issue to Will of course After all the messing about and the fact they actually SOLD the original wheel I would be asking for a full refurb of all 4 wheels and maybe a caliper refurb in a nice colour to make up for it
  9. A VERY limp wrist I have to say Mike
  10. I am pretty sure Graham said Lepsons do pick ups so you could take Rosie to TGM get them to take them off and Lepsons pick them up and return when they are done.... simples
  11. Am I really the only one here who doesn't pootle
  12. This ^. Not sure why anyone would pay a premium for a black GT4??? Because they don't like Yellow I agree thought if I wanted a GT4 I would get a Yellow one, but then if I wanted a Black car I would have a look at GT4's... My point was though, would you pay extra for a kuro GT4 in comparison to standard 05 kuro GT? I wouldn't. Yes because it is a limited edition and therefore rarer, and although it looks no different to most, those that know will appreciate this You could say the same about a lot of 'limited Editions' though I do get your point...
  13. Epic Fail
  14. I was talking more about your 'average' jaaaaaaaaaag driver than the car itself
  15. This ^. Not sure why anyone would pay a premium for a black GT4??? Because they don't like Yellow I agree thought if I wanted a GT4 I would get a Yellow one, but then if I wanted a Black car I would have a look at GT4's...
  16. Yes but that auto box is designed for old men going to the golf club
  17. I didn't say that you did say that
  18. Oh dear Lexx is going to have a messy keyboard
  19. Gear changes at 2k and 6th gear by 40mph.... Please shoot me now Or buy me an ecomotive Polo
  20. You can't beat a decent, quick, paint job Reminds me of GTA you could avoid the fuzz by driving into a paintshop and driving out the other side a different colour
  21. I guess it is down to driving style as well Next you will be saying I should change gear at 2k not 3.5-4k
  22. Size isn't everything
  23. Now you are just taking the pi$$
  24. I was going to say that's the quickest paint job or wrap I have ever heard of
  25. Right I had to go out anyway so after a little drive... 30mph in 3rd around 2.5k 30mph in 4th around 1.8k 30mph in 5th around 1.3k 40mph in 6th around 1.2k I will have to change my previous answer at 30mph I would definitely be in 3rd gear, only changing up to 4th at 40 yes you can drive at lower speeds in higher gears but I can't for the life of me see why you would, the car labours, has zero response and I doubt very much it is more economical as I generally get the same mpg as most others do on here...
×
×
  • Create New...