Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Iv'e done snow the last 3 years on REo50A;s with no issues, as long as you are sensible and take it easy you are fine. There is more danger of some numpty hitting you unfortunately Drove home in this earlier this year, hard to see how bad it was from the pic but the snow you can see was just what blew into the covered car park
  2. Glad you got it sorted
  3. I bought Mrs SMD a Kindle for her Birthday in June and she loves it She didn't want a touch one, just the standard and I agree with all the comments on the screen, as it is LCD it is easy to look at for a while, if you get a tablet and read a book on it for an hour or 2 your eyes will be fecked No point paying for 3G unless you plan to take it away on holiday or something
  4. I had my remap at 91k I was only expecting a modest increase on the quoted 276bhp from the factory so when Mark @ Abbey told me I had 286bhp I was pretty happy..... then he laughed and said that was before the remap
  5. Isn't a P3 just a P2 in disguise
  6. I looked at one of these and quickly realised it is style over sustance I have a phone in my pocket for apps why would I want them on my HU, and as said above that comes at a cost of performance and SQ which is not good at all. Have a look at similar prices units from Pioneer or Alpine or JVC, make sure you have 2 x pre outs and a sub out and then as many features as you need, easily got for that budget
  7. Wouldn't insure me last year as I didn't have a garage and apparently Dartford is twinned with Beirut ! Phoned them this year along with all the 'specialist' insurers we have on the forum and all were around twice the price of Admiral. In fact we now have the Zed & the Leon on multicar for less than any of the guys on here would even do the Zed for
  8. Don't see her on here now, after all the dating comments I think we should send a search party out to Epping Forest
  9. Here you go mate: Service schedules are 9000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes soonest. P1 P2 P1 P3 P1 P2 P1 P3 P1 P2 That takes you up to 10 years or 90,000 miles Alex Why did you stop at 90,000 I have done that list + a P1 and need a P3 soon
  10. In conjunction with an uprev you will gain more nidrange torque, without it I doubt it will achieve much other than the noise....
  11. Well I had an upRev done with standard airbox + cosworth filter, plenum spacer, HFCs + Milltek exhaust and was well over stock before and 300bhp after All that on a 2004 Zed on 100,000 miles They are mostly for noise though, they give a nice throaty tone I am sure there is a vid of a load of us pulling out of a layby in Wales I will have a look....
  12. You guys really need to sort your quoting out, Pete you are truly the Quote **** up king Nice yellow truck
  13. Sorry I am not allowed crayons anymore Will you must be gutted mate, I personally would go slightly lighter as I think darker you loose all definition on those wheels and lighter would show off the bodywork colour better too. If it could be done a silver with black rose flecks would look
  14. I spotted some nice a$$
  15. I have HFC's and I used to live in Taunton..... but I now live in Kent HFC's don't spoil anything on a Zed
  16. that's because nobody has been there Nice pic Adrian
  17. I don't do it very often but I agree completely with Ekona on this one, I never took PPI on any loan I had as it added massively to the loan and I never stretched myself that much that if something happened I would have been screwed. I don't look on it as I have missed out because anything paid back to you is only what you have overpaid in the first place, I am just glad I had the money then and not now as you could get a lot more then for your money than you ever will now
  18. It's easy for me to remember because I am And that was a real conversation I promise... And I didn't fancy a Bounty, sorry BBK
  19. Ha ha brilliant, I'd have asked for a free chocy bar for the inconvenience. They're always trying to push 2 4 1 deals, even after you have paid at Shell. Genuine conversation at a Shell.... "would you like 2 twix for a pound sir?" "no thank you I am diabetic" "oh sorry, how about a bounty?"
  20. Glad you got it sorted, to be fair I didn't have my JVC when I was connected to the Bose.... I don't have volume issues as Wasso will confirm after he sat in my car at the Grasshopper
  21. Yeah fitting a HU isn't that scary, just make sure you read the guides and get the right parts
  22. I don't see why the DVLA would help, they are getting nothing out of it
  23. Watched it at home on Tuesday, it was ok Funniest thing in the film is Sly's facial hair, maybe it is to cover up all the cosmetic surgery lines.... and Arnie looks like someone has taken his skin off, steamed it and put it back on The film is ok, yeah a few funny lines and the usual 2,000 men with every conceivable weapon known to man but can't hit a barn door from 10 feet getting blown away by a geriatric who can hit a gnats testicle from half a mile away Enjoyable for what it is I guess, I really liked the first one but this one just seemed a little to have a little too much cheese for me... Just settling down to watch Maid in Manhattan with a box of tissues....
×
×
  • Create New...