Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. I think my 350z is awesome now with all the changes i've made and really fun to drive but below are the other cars I found great fun. MIni cooper s jcw (supercharged) Renault clio sport 182 C2 VTS Suzuki swift sport Golf R32 (mk5)
  2. Has the spark plug leads/coils been mixed up? Have all the coils been checked that they are ok? Not sure which garages down your way but you may find that you will receive more help on here when the experts read this .
  3. the wing on the sumo power car looks really cool. id have the wing but the rest of the car would have to look right with it for it to work looks wise. I don't like the car in the for sale add though I agree mate, I think with my carbon boot that wing would look sweet on it. I just cant afford to buy one lol. Still saving for the voltex... theres hope! Was ready to settle for a cheapo high level one but decided against it.
  4. That spoiler if genuine is very very very expensive and very rare. On the correct car it looks awesome. This is the sumo power drift car with the high level wing. I agree the guys asking astronomical prices but that wing if genuine is probs still worth £800- 1k http://intensepower.com/do3dcafirewi.html
  5. Thanks Alex, appreciated
  6. Hmmm ive just been on the phone to Black code and they say they can do it...not via oem software though. find out what software please as this is new to all members on here. Throughout the world uprev tuning is used or a new aftermarket ecu is fitted. You wont get much gains to be honest without supporting mods. Even then you probably barely break the oem figures on most cars except the later HR engined cars
  7. I think I may have to add an extra bolt tbh. Not ideal but as long as it attached to the arb and the lights are at the correct height I don't suppose there's much that can go wrong.
  8. The tc is very sensitive. What you have effectively done when widening track is shorten the distance the inner wheel travels on a turn and increase the distance the outer wheel will have to travel. This results in the inner wheel moving slower than the system is used to and the outer wheel moving faster which can make the ecu think the wheels are slipping. Some people have no issues but others do. Most people run 20/25 or 25/25. Spacers severely effect the feel and handling of the car from experiences on here. Its nothing something I would run personally.
  9. The oem software cannot be remapped. The uprev tuning software is added to the ecu and allows for oem tuning on a dyno. 3 places can do it. Depends how far you want to travel and where you are located. Leeds, London, Horsham
  10. They spacers might be a bit too wide and cause some tcs issues. Welcome!
  11. Neilp

    2014 Golf R...

    I do like the back though! A wee splitter would sort the front out IMO
  12. :lol: :lol: I still don't understand how that happened lol! There so much stuff round about it to get broken first! Are you still running standard arb's and droplinks?
  13. Hi guys looking for a quick help. I've just swapped my arb's and drop links out for eibach arb's and Powegrid droplinks Has anybody changed to eibach adjustable arb's and powergrid drop links? What did you do with the headlight level sensor as the old nuts for it don't fit the new drop links and the bracket wont fit onto the arb unless you use the very softest setting, whereas mines are on the hardest. So far I have it fitted by flattening the little notch thing on it that usually sits against the end of the arb. This has allowed me to bolt it onto the drop link temporarily but the headlight level is way too high. The only thing I can think of is using an additional bolt to mount it onto the end position on the arb. Any help will be appreciated. Cheers Neil
  14. I used bluestuff on track and they are amazing, wouldnt fade etc but wore quickly. I was very aggressive with them in 30 degree heat though and they never let me down.
  15. yellowstuff pads are fantastic value for money. I bought mines from CS a couple of years ago and still have them. They have lots of life still left in them after a few track sessions and some fast road action! They will overheat eventually but can take a serious pounding
  16. you'd be gutted if you crashed that!
  17. as well as 2x 350zs both import Z33 ( one a nismo show car ) i also have a blue skyline 350GT manual imported in 2007 from yokohama oober rare manual and embarassingly whips both my zeds asses in spectacular fashion performance wise !! but it comes as standard 298bhp as a manual , with a spacer , intake , y pipes and a impul system it was dyno'd few years back at near on 320bhp , all Auto 350GT are 276bhp same as a zed DE engine ( except nissans attempt at single intake rev up ) Custard test
  18. Welcome, Expect bigger fuel bills and tyre bills. In terms of performance the mx doesnt stand a chance against the 350z. In terms of fun, I'd say pretty similar if you disregard the extra costs. To make the zed nibble and much more precise to drive will cost a fair bit more than it would for the mx5 which is pretty much a decent trackday weapon out the bag. Out of all the cars you mention without being bias, the s2000(if the later model) and 350z are close contenders. The s2000 will be much less practicle though and not as comfy i'd imagine.
  19. Thats stunning mate! Really really like that compared to the usual carbon fibre! 10/10 for creativity and styling imo!
  20. Fluid is getting hot. may be worth changing you fluid and fit a braided line. Could be a potential slave or master cylinder issue forming also.
  21. Not too sure mate. Possibly a better quality of oil and able to withstand higher temps? I'm unsure. Mobil1 was the worst out of any oils i've used
×
×
  • Create New...