-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
Kris its £8 per head for show cars - £12 per passenger. Its not the cost I'm bothered about I'm not prepared to stick my neck out for a poor show - as I know from previous experience we'll have at least two drop-outs on the day. Neil - you have PM Oops soz missed that!
-
Silenced decats will stop most of it coming out so the fuel will burn off inside the exhaust.
-
Couldn't have said it any better. I paid around 20k bk in the day for mines when I was 20 or 21. It sorely disappointing how cheap they have become. They are now getting into the wrong hands. Making alot of people sell up. It was always going to happen. I put the k1 on mines for a laugh as I heard all the rumours about it. It lasted a month before I got rid and changed for something else. I now have the buddy club which is a piece of artwork compared to the K1 and sounds much much more refined and sporting rather than the big piece of scaffold pole attached to cans on the k1.
-
Hang on, I think you are taking this a lot more personally that it needs to be Ricey. I haven't insulted anyone individually, and I'm not getting sweary? Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I'm not having a go at anyone? My opinion is based on my own personal experience with the products. - perfect.There very few who have had this experience. - I'm pretty sure if you asked every japspeed customer, there would be more satisfied than unsatisfied. If there wasn't, they wouldn't be trading/be able to do a great deal of marketing/advertisement/ sponsors. For the quality and price, japspeed wins. That's why I bought one.-Wrong Japspeed quality is generally poor and the prices are far more than they were and should be - I paid £100 for mine. That is a good price in my eyes. If another more superior brand was the same price. I would buy that. Superior brands are expensive due to the production procedures, thats why they fit well and don't fall apart after a year or two etc agreed with the first half of this statement. Althought mine is yet to fall apart so I can't comment on the latter. Just like why people buy the 350z as apposed to the 370z. Pretty much does the same job, one is cheaper and don't see the need for a 370z. But if the 370z was cheaper, they would buy it as its a better quality product. Wrong- I bought mines as the 370z wasnt out at the time. other buys it because thats what they can afford or want to spend. exactly. Summed up right there. Can afford or want to spend. When two unneccesary upgrade products do the same job, in my eyes it seems pointless to pay double/triple for the better one. Don't get me wrong, I agree japspeed isn't the greatest. But it's far from dreadful. @100 quid you got a great deal. I paid 150 or something for mines which is why I have not too much issues with it for the price. They now retail at around 400 quid usually. I wouldnt say the 370z does the same job. Thats like saying a ferrari does the same job. They all drive. They all do it differently. Which is exactly the same with exhausts. All exhausts can be stainless etc but its the precision and the design factors that make it work. Every silencer is constructed differently and located differently. They all do the job differently Some cars actually showed losses in power on the dyno with the japspeed K1 exhaust.
-
Hang on, I think you are taking this a lot more personally that it needs to be Ricey. I haven't insulted anyone individually, and I'm not getting sweary? Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I'm not having a go at anyone? My opinion is based on my own personal experience with the products. - perfect.There very few who have had this experience. For the quality and price, japspeed wins. That's why I bought one.-Wrong Japspeed quality is generally poor and the prices are far more than they were and should be If another more superior brand was the same price. I would buy that. Superior brands are expensive due to the production procedures, thats why they fit well and don't fall apart after a year or two etc Just like why people buy the 350z as apposed to the 370z. Pretty much does the same job, one is cheaper and don't see the need for a 370z. But if the 370z was cheaper, they would buy it as its a better quality product. Wrong- I bought mines as the 370z wasnt out at the time. other buys it because thats what they can afford or want to spend.
-
I had a k1 and it sounded great but a bit too loud. Quality was poor. The pipes discolour very quickly, the only bit that stays shiny is the cans. The fitment was atrocious also. Prices used to be a lot less but have creeped up making this brand a terrible company to buy from and deal with. On the contrary I have japspeed decats which have seen plenty of abuse and been perfect. Just checked them yesterday and they are still like new. Other have had them fall apart in a couple of weeks. They mass produce all their stuff and their quality management is awful. Thats why its hit or miss to whether you get a goodun or a badun. IMO save and get a decent exhaust from cobra, scorpion, buddyclub, amuse etc and if there's any issue then its much easier to rectify as all are available from traders on here.
-
What tyres did u fit on the rear? Do they match the front? Did this only start once you fitted these?
-
Edit- iPhone fail
-
Lol!
-
Early bells mate. If I remember right we were up there well before 8
-
I was advised you need boost pressure for running it and on n/a it won't work. A few of the boys run water on supercharged and turbo cars on here.
-
Wrong technical section btw
-
If you're on a tight budget I'd carefully consider running and repair costs. Cars are getting cheaper, the repairs aren't. Best of luck with the hunt!
-
Welcome! What engine are you going to be running?
-
maybe worth making this a sticky. Some good info on that link
-
Youtube has been doing this with me recently also mate.
-
I had the supercharged Cooper s jcw and it was a fantastic car. Earlier models had issues with the power steering pump. Mines was under warranty so replaced free of charge. Also had a full new gearbox and clutch fitted under warranty. What a great car though and would definately buy another. Wouldn't buy a base spec though, always the cooper s jcw (Supercharged or turbocharged) as it has a power output that would give the zed a good run for its money. Oh, get the panoramic twin sunroofs also
-
You never go to france
-
Only down souf
-
First attempt at hiding stuff in photos lol What do you think? Loch Feochan by Neilp87, on Flickr
-
You will need to know the correct shape and stud pattern etc to get the correct ones. What type of exhaust is it? What make/model ?