350Z Pricing

Rob T

I'm curious what everyone thinks of current Zed prices in the UK?

I'm looking to buy soon, and I'm trying to understand the huge price range people are selling at.

I currently have a high milage facelift Civic Type R. Book price is £2,500. And people sell them for £2,000 - £3,000.

But for a 2006 Zed with aporox 60,000 miles, book price is £6,500, but people are asking for £7,000 - £9,000+.

Why is this?

Suppose it's because they at a point where they've become desirable and affordable. Most people that know what they're looking for will aim to get something from 2006 onwards to avoid any of the quirks of the earlier model. That may have something to do with the inflation of the price to some degree

• Like 1

Book price is a tricky one!

I remember my Dad having a completely stock Cupra R (this was quite awhile ago by the way!) and wanted to part-ex it for another car at a dealership, they came back to us with a book price of £2500, even though it had only done about 2500 miles a year since new, only 1 owner (being my Dad) and it was absolutely mint, not a scratch or dent anywhere. Other Cupra Rs online were priced around £4000-£5000 with high mileage and nearly all had been remapped.

Needless to say we didn't accept their offer and sold it within the next 2 weeks on Pistonheads for £6000, the chap who purchased it from us said he had been to see loads of examples and nothing came close.

I think it's completely down to how desirable the particular car is, and like ZMANALEX said primarily down to the condition and history. This 'tier' of car will vary alot in price because there will always be people willing to spend that much more on a great example.

It does seem that the 06 onward cars have suddenly become a grand or so more valuable, I have no idea why though. I imagine its as someone said above, availability has crossed over with demand and people have woken up to the fact that theres very little else you can get for anywhere near the money.

Suppose it's because they at a point where they've become desirable and affordable. Most people that know what they're looking for will aim to get something from 2006 onwards to avoid any of the quirks of the earlier model. That may have something to do with the inflation of the price to some degree

Every Z has quirks it doesn't matter which one you go for :)

• Like 1

xscotteex, on 17 January 2017 - 11:27, said:

Every Z has quirks it doesn't matter which one you go for :)

So does every owner and potential owner which is why the price is what it is. Makes sense eh? :wacko:

Thanks for the opinions!

I've been watching the prices for years, hoping that they'll fall a little, but I was completely wrong, and they're going the other way!

I've accepted that I'll have to fork out more for a good one. Especially in this area of the country for some reason?! (Wiltshire)

I think they're cheap...

In Greece you pay INSANE taxes for the GINORMOUS (yeh, lol) engine in a Zed, only idiots like me bear the cost to own them (1700 euro a year in tax and insurance alone just to have it in the garage) and they're STILL 15 grand for a mediocre one, 20 for a good one!

There are three reasons for this, to be fair...apart from the fact that they are exceptionally rare here (I've seen 1 other since September and maybe 10 in 14 years in Greece, including my own)

1) You cannot import cars to Greece economically, so the market is 100% isolated.

2) Despite the fact it is actually pissing down today, Greek cars from the mainland are virtually rust-free no matter the age.

3) They are left hand drive and useful in many, many countries which can be driven to.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1