Needing a new exhaust, Opinions?

Dilly02

Hey Guys, i've recently bought my 350z 310bhp Model and i am Loving it!

When i bought the car i noticed the the mid section and the back box were slightly rusty and knew they were going to need replacing and the time has come!

I was just curious as to what you guys would recommend?

I'm looking for something that still sounds OEM and my budget is around £700.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum

Lots to choose from depending on what your after. I've got an Invidia gemini cat back system and would highly recommend it. It's a nice deep sound not to loud unless you want it to be and doesn't drone like some systems can.

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_STAINLESS_STEEL_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGIS_.aspx

Edited by SHEZZA

I bought a full Miltek system. Its not very loud but is a nice upgrade from standard. That may be a bit over budget though.

Then if you want a bit more noise at a later date just add some Berk HFCs.

Thanks for the post!

Looks like a nice exhaust system! Obviously its a dual system does this system just bolt straight on?

Yep just bolts straight on to your standard Cats.

Exactly the same system I used to have on my Zed and I can confirm imo it is worth every penny. B);)

Okay thanks for the info guys!

I had a milltek on my previous car (Mk4 golf tdi) Big step up from that! i did think it was a good system!

Well it doesnt need doing straight away i could probably leave it a month, i'll have a much bigger budget then as my Golf probably would have been sold by then!

I'm not too worried about any performance gains at the moment, but for future reference did you notice any gains with The Milltek/Invidia?

I'm not too worried about any performance gains at the moment, but for future reference did you notice any gains with The Milltek/Invidia?

You won't notice any gains on these cars without an UpRev (remap).

My old Zed (feels weird saying that as I just sold it) after an UpRev made 294Bhp@fly with Berks HFC's (High Flow Cats), Invidia Gemini exhaust system, H.Dev plenum spacer and a Stillen air induction kit.

Standard it should have made 276Bhp so I was happy with the above especially as it was 11 years old at the time so bound to have lost some HP over the years.

It's not all about gains though ~ after I had the Invidia exhaust fitted it transformed the sound of the car as before that it was all standard. Basically unleashed the true V6 sound and made every journey a pleasure especially above 3.5K rpm where it really came alive. B);)

I thought so i have briefly read up on this before but, wasnt sure if it was for all exhausts! I think personally i will go for the invidia it does look good!

Slightly going off topic here but if i were going to get an uprev, would there be anyone you recommend? I live in the UK Essex.

I bought a full Miltek system. Its not very loud but is a nice upgrade from standard. That may be a bit over budget though.

Then if you want a bit more noise at a later date just add some Berk HFCs.

I was running that combo on my 350z DE and it was a magic, quiet when you wanted, loud when you floor it!

Edited by Dynamic Turtle
  • Like 1

I am also running the Invidia Gemini, sounds lovely on it's own, recently fitted Cobra decats and I could not be happier, still relatively quiet when you want it to be but sounds amazing when you get on it, a real head turner!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also running the Invidia Gemini, sounds lovely on it's own, recently fitted Cobra decats and I could not be happier, still relatively quiet when you want it to be but sounds amazing when you get on it, a real head turner!

Is that with a standard backbox and centre pipe?

Nevermind, i just read it properly! :)

Edited by Alex350z

I was deliberating this for a while and was going to get a Cobra but was put off after realising it was all clamped together rather than welded. Ended up plumping for a Buddy Club from CS to fit along with a set of Berks. Cant wait to hear it. Will be a fair change from the standard JDM system anyway :)

• Like 1