Last few TG

Jetpilot

Whilst TOP GEAR was airing last night it did seem slightly eerie with the demise of Clarkson. Heart felt as it was to be the end of an era, the other two guys did well to hold it together. Well done guys :) :) :)

Did anyone notice the Elephant strategically placed on the set, in the room?

yep, why wasn't clarkson there for the final bit ?

Personally i think it was a little poor taste that he wasnt allowed to do the very final take in the studio, yes i know he punched a producer etc, but it would have been a fitting end for the bbc to allow him to thank everyone.

Whilst i enjoyed the episode on the most part, it was just too odd he wasnt around in the studio but was in the footage, almost like he had died, i actually dont know why they aired it to be honest (let alone the lack of advertising it had), still pulled in 5.3 million viewers.

Missed this but by the sounds of it not worth going on iplayer for it?

One thing that annoyed me about top gear was the money they wasted. When the leave the beeb (if the trio continue elsewhere) then I might start enjoying their antics without worrying about paying for my tv licence :lol:

Still not convinced with Chris Evans but hopefully he will prove me wrong

One thing that annoyed me about top gear was the money they wasted. When the leave the beeb (if the trio continue elsewhere) then I might start enjoying their antics without worrying about paying for my tv licence :lol:

Compared to the revenue they drew in, it was probably a drop in the ocean.

Whilst TOP GEAR was airing last night it did seem slightly eerie with the demise of Clarkson. Heart felt as it was to be the end of an era, the other two guys did well to hold it together. Well done guys :) :) :)

Did anyone notice the Elephant strategically placed on the set, in the room?

yep, why wasn't clarkson there for the final bit ?

Personally i think it was a little poor taste that he wasnt allowed to do the very final take in the studio, yes i know he punched a producer etc, but it would have been a fitting end for the bbc to allow him to thank everyone.

Whilst i enjoyed the episode on the most part, it was just too odd he wasnt around in the studio but was in the footage, almost like he had died, i actually dont know why they aired it to be honest (let alone the lack of advertising it had), still pulled in 5.3 million viewers.

I agree entirely, which is why I raised it initially without thinking. like you mentioned, it was almost like he had died. shame to let the show fizzle out like that. he should of been allowed to to the final 10 minutes

Compared to the revenue they drew in, it was probably a drop in the ocean.

No probably about it, Top Gear was one of only a few BBC programmes to make a profit (and a significant one at that).

So is ITV official now??

Press has said over the last few days that Netflix are making it and ITV will run it at the same time as tg on the BBC. That'll be interesting in the ratings?

Saw today that Jodie Kidd is confirmed in the new line up, sorry but I found her awfull in the classic car show, the gushing descriptions of the 250 gto was a particular low point, it was like Nigella was doing the script. Looks like I will be watching ITV then.

http://automotivejustice.com/netflix-deal-brings-jeremy-clarkson-and-former-co-hosts-of-top-gear-back-to-our-screens/

So is ITV official now??

Press has said over the last few days that Netflix are making it and ITV will run it at the same time as tg on the BBC. That'll be interesting in the ratings?

Saw today that Jodie Kidd is confirmed in the new line up, sorry but I found her awfull in the classic car show, the gushing descriptions of the 250 gto was a particular low point, it was like Nigella was doing the script. Looks like I will be watching ITV then.

http://automotivejus...to-our-screens/

cant see jodie kidd or chris evans doing this

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I reccon the first series, or two... Or three... They will play it safe, everyone will be looking at the ratings and if they don't get them the lineup will change. It took years for the boys to build their relationship, and the banter that passes between them is natural to three friends, could you see Kidd calling Evans a "Co#k"... And what could he say about her? Its the end of an era (for the beeb).

I reccon the first series, or two... Or three... They will play it safe, everyone will be looking at the ratings and if they don't get them the lineup will change. It took years for the boys to build their relationship, and the banter that passes between them is natural to three friends, could you see Kidd calling Evans a "Co#k"... And what could he say about her? Its the end of an era (for the beeb).

yea they ditched that jason after the first series

• Like 2