Driving Weekend - Where to go?

Durk

I'm looking to have a weekend away with my girlfriend in the next couple of months and I like the idea of driving somewhere scenic and with good driving roads without going abroad. I was thinking North Wales or Peak District type places but was wondering if any of you have any recommendations on good routes/hotels/things to do along the way from your own experiences?

Edited by Durk

IOM is good shout, keep thinking the Nort a West Zed Massive should do a trip over.

North of Fort William is nice driving and you've got Trossachs and that along the way there/back too. It's a bit of mush getting up there though in just a weekend from Cov.

Cotsolds - I know not especially far, but some lovely roads.

Further away - Kielder Forest Park/Northumberland over towards Bewick on Tweed - another area for good roads.

Your best bet is to use booking.com for accomodation once you know your route. Fairly accurate reviews on that site.

From my experience you will get a excellent quality B & B's in the north for cheap prices compared to this area or anything south of here.

Agree, Trossachs, Fort William, Loch Lomond - anything on the West coast of Scotland but longer will be required to appreciate it.

Thanks for the replies everyone! :thumbs:

I'll sit down tomorrow night with my girlfriend and go through a few of these places and try to come up with a plan... I think we will do Scotland another year when we have more time so we can fully appreciate it!

Edited by Durk

Nowhere in Britain and before WikEkonapedia steps in, yes I've done Wales twice and Scotland twice. If the op wants to pm me, I'll send him a map for a weekend away and it probably won't cost him any more than going to Scotland from Coventry and it'll be a hell of a lot more fun.

I have just started to plan and organise a trip in Scotland for June next year for everyone here.

It will take me a while to complete it and get it on here,

But watch this space.................

Hopefully a few folk will want to join in the fun.

I by no means think Wales has the best roads or anything but just another option for you to consider if you haven't been before. ;)

I'm glad you said that. I was beginning to think I'd gone to the wrong place.

Might have to set it on 720 to stop it buffering.

I by no means think Wales has the best roads or anything but just another option for you to consider if you haven't been before. ;)

I'm glad you said that. I was beginning to think I'd gone to the wrong place.

Might have to set it on 720 to stop it buffering.

B) That is all. :teeth:

Scotland is huge (obvious, I know), I think you're right to leave that. You could easy spend a week there doing 6 hours driving a day and still miss bits.

Second this.

We did all over Scotland earlier this month, did exactly this over 12 days and after 3000 miles there's still so much more left to see. What an incredible place for driving though, weather was lovely too (surprisingly).