Does this idiot think I was born yesterday!!

Alize

I dont mind a cheeky offer as you never know, happy to just say, no chance, if you dont ask you dont get and all that, but, followed by the cash word like its some magical form of payment that you just cant refuse grinds my gears.

• Like 1

I sold a BMW on ebay once, typical scam style buyer, i am abroad in russia, i will send my wife with a lorry pick up i will send you half paypal, my wife will bring the cash etc... i was like yeah alright but no paypal all cash on collection.. **** me, 2 days later he's wife only turned up at the door with 2k in her hand and a lorry to take away the car :lol: !!

Shocked to say the least!

• Like 4

😱just had a call from junction 17! Kate, asking What's my lowest price? They might have a buyer?? Yeah my arse!

From what I've read about them on here it'll be an interesting follow up call if I get one! ..........interesting.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😱just had a call from junction 17! Kate, asking What's my lowest price? They might have a buyer?? Yeah my arse!

From what I've read about them on here it'll be an interesting follow up call if I get one! ..........interesting.......

do it and screw them over same way they screw there buyers over

do it and screw them over same way they screw there buyers over

Hmmm just had the call back I've got it on here for £7700 told her my bottom line is £7500 and she's just said she will buy it! They will send a small deposit and then someone will come by train on Monday to check it and take it away after transferring the money!

So I'm gonna go for it unless someone else it's buys it over the weekend ( for£7500 ) as I'm struggling with seeing her sitting there all shiney and amazing but I won't drive her unless it's a decent trip of more than the 1-5mls I get to do daily and I'm just not getting time to do any! And if I do my husband can't get in her cos of his hip problem ( which he got a referral for a replacement on today 😇) It's a shite situation!

I'd rather not sell it to them to put it on their forecourt for 9k but it's a different sort of buyer that uses a dealer, I never would except for a new car which won't ever happen again!

So should I hang out for a private buyer or take junction 17's money! 😱😱eeeek!

Should I start a new thread to get opinions???

Never gave my email when selling always gave mobile number and seems much better talking to someone than risking an email lol

@ alize. Wait it out for a private seller as this is the summer months. 350z seem to sell faster in the summer :)

Never gave my email when selling always gave mobile number and seems much better talking to someone than risking an email lol

@ alize. Wait it out for a private seller as this is the summer months. 350z seem to sell faster in the summer :)

I know it feels wrong to sell it to them but they are giving me what I was expecting to get for it and I've had it up on here and pistonheads for a month I'm struggling cos it's not gt😰

I know it feels wrong to sell it to them but they are giving me what I was expecting to get for it and I've had it up on here and pistonheads for a month I'm struggling cos it's not gt😰

I'd take the money personally, if it's what you wanted for it and you have been struggling to get rid it's not worth hanging on to it for any longer

Agree, you have given private buyers the opportunity.

The only positive I can see with Junction 17 is that they are increasing the general prices of Zs, you can really see this with the 370z roadster. Of course this isn't so good for prospective buyers...

• Like 1

Surprised Tradelink haven't been in touch, at least then it's in the community and that. Either way, take the green!!!

Hmmmm could call trade link I guess? I do have a stupidly full on day tomo full of clients appointments with no breaks but I'm not starting till 9.30 I'll try and call them before I send the email with bank details etc.

Knew you guys would come up with something I could try! I will be stalking you all once she's gone tho! Lol ☺ï¸

Surprised Tradelink haven't been in touch, at least then it's in the community and that. Either way, take the green!!!

Had a look tradelink have a lot of 350's in stock whereas J17 only have 1! Didn't know that when I told them my bottom line doh!

Had a look tradelink have a lot of 350's in stock whereas J17 only have 1! Didn't know that when I told them my bottom line doh!

I just would have preferred an enthusiast got the benefit of what I've spent upgrading stuff thinking I'd keep her for years rather than a dealer make cash on my loss 😨 but will take their money ðŸ˜

Had a look tradelink have a lot of 350's in stock whereas J17 only have 1!

Tradelink are notorious for not removing their old stock from websites though, so what might appear to be a lot of stock only ends up being 3 cars. Well at least that was the case on the two occasions I went to visit.

Tradelink are notorious for not removing their old stock from websites though, so what might appear to be a lot of stock only ends up being 3 cars. Well at least that was the case on the two occasions I went to visit.

I'm sure they will have an answer as a Trader on here, in case you had not spotted that ;)

http://www.350z-uk.c...nese-car-sales/

Oh well it's a done deal with Junct 17 now picking it up on Monday 😞

However I will look at a Mini Cooper S over the weekend 😱😎

so can someone tell us how they would scam us by asking for our paypal details. Ive had this done to me several times (not giving them my details) but still cant work out how they can swindle you. Senario...i work in offshore, cant see the car but trust you bla bla will pay you what you are asking fot its bla bla bla then Can i have your paypal address???? What good can this be to them other than sending money?? maybe Im just dull here and just cant see what they can do

Hmmm well I guess they look at what's for sale on here 1st if they need stock I would have called them yesterday before agreeing things with J17 if they had only had a couple on their site so their loss hey ho😥

so can someone tell us how they would scam us by asking for our paypal details. Ive had this done to me several times (not giving them my details) but still cant work out how they can swindle you. Senario...i work in offshore, cant see the car but trust you bla bla will pay you what you are asking fot its bla bla bla then Can i have your paypal address???? What good can this be to them other than sending money?? maybe Im just dull here and just cant see what they can do

The problem is that PayPal transfers can be withdrawn. Even if the money is in your account and you have taken it out of the bank the sender can still take it back. So what they do is tell you they will pay double for your car and send you double the cash in PayPal. Once you have the funds in your bank they collect the car and disappear. A short time later they then do a PayPal reversal and take the money back. So you end up with no car and a huge debt to pay back.

Edited by Bundus

The problem is that PayPal transfers can be withdrawn. Even if the money is in your account and you have taken it out of the bank the sender can still take it back. So what they do is tell you they will pay double for your car and send you double the cash in PayPal. Once you have the funds in your bank they collect the car and disappear. A short time later they then do a PayPal reversal and take the money back. So you end up with no car and a huge debt to pay back.

Makes me wonder why people use PayPal if that can happen (as I have heard before) - I'll just stick with credit card and bank transfer payments. :shrug:

• Like 1

Makes me wonder why people use PayPal if that can happen (as I have heard before) - I'll just stick with credit card and bank transfer payments. :shrug:

Because many, many people are all too easily lead by marketing and PP don't usually include this in their adverts for some reason...