Best 350z suspension money can buy?

VRRacing

You have mentioned ProFlex, if money is no object Gordon will build you a bespoke set to your needs and he's got to be one of the most knowledgeable suspension engineers in the UK

Anything bespoke will be the winner, I know BG Motorsport do Ohlins and I know a guy at Nurburgring who does the same. Id imagine youd be looking at getting on for double figures but its "the best", what do you expect? :)

Yes I do mean coil overs.:) already have adjustable camber and toe arms, will be getting adjustable rear toe links once the spring has moved. I had a long chat with the Ohlins guy at the Auto sports show, he said the kit they have for the 350 is more of a fast road occasional track day set up. I'm after a balls out time attack car. I've got 10k to spend on bits £1800 just went on the ecu. Then the plan is twin turbos over winter. Will give

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything custom built and 20+kg front springs, if youve lightened the rear if the car then quite a bit softer in the rear.

If youre going balls out time attack that is.

No ine really makes an off the shelf all out track kit for the z. Theyre all fast road setups.

Nice one Ben, it has to be custom to your needs. I was about to get the KW clubsports and by stroke of luck because I had requested rear "optional" pillow ball top mounts the dealer could deliver because it's not available from KW, so I spoke directly to KW and it was very revealing.

Long story short the KW V1- clubsports are designed for fast road with increasing emphasis on trackdays but they assume the car is stock in terms of weight, geometry and high performance Tyres. Once you have removed sugnificant weight off the car, changed geometry, slick or semi slick tyres then they strongly recommend the Competition range. 2A and 3A for 2 way and 3 way adjustable respectively. This is the same unit on full time track cars and winners of the famous 24 Nurburgring race! The technology is the same as in the V1-club sports just valved to cater for wider range of springs and road conditions. The body is made from galvanised steel which is stronger and dissipates heat better. Obviously it will have top mounts and reservoirs for racing endurance. It's a bespoke service and the good news is it's not actually much more expensive than the club-sports. It's starts by you calling KW directly and they send you a form you complete about your car suspension mods and corner weights then they build your kit after simulation on theirF1 spec 7 poster jig. They ship it out to you for testing and if you are not happy it can be re valved, springs changed etc to meet your needs. The range of tuning is unlimited and they can also provide race support or live tech support from Germany as all part of the partnership if you buy the competition coilovers. Obvious race support is not free or cheap but phone tech support is.

The competition 2A is £18000+ VAT and custom changes cost extra but not stupidly expensive. Eg I had my V3 rebuilt before selling them last year and it cost £536 including VAT and shipping to Germany. For comparison the clubsports is £2125 inc VAT but I found it cheaper at £1870 but if I had actually got the top mounts it would have cost more.

V1-clubsports are made with innox for longevity and rust proofing.

If you are going to go for the competition then you need to complete all your mods that will after corner weight and geometry first. So once my cage is done and new sc in one it get ordering.

At this prices you can't go wrong.

• Like 1

Sounds good, KW definitely going on the short list. With ProFlex you also give them corner weights, tyre types etc. but £1800 is way cheaper for the KW, even if you added £500 ish for the custom bit. .

Edited by VRRacing

I pinched myself too but that's the price of the competition 2A for the zed. This quote was directly from them.

BTW it takes 4-6weeks to be delivered as they are made to order.

Edited by GT4 Zed

• 4 weeks later...

Went with the ProFlex. Definitely the best overall package. Similar price to bothy the KW and the Quantum, but the ProFlex was a turn key package extensively developed for the European 350z series. Other benefits include phone support and set up session at Oulton Park🚗 oh and they're just down the road from me should I need to pay them a visit.

Nice one Ben, it has to be custom to your needs. I was about to get the KW clubsports and by stroke of luck because I had requested rear "optional" pillow ball top mounts the dealer could deliver because it's not available from KW, so I spoke directly to KW and it was very revealing.

Long story short the KW V1- clubsports are designed for fast road with increasing emphasis on trackdays but they assume the car is stock in terms of weight, geometry and high performance Tyres. Once you have removed sugnificant weight off the car, changed geometry, slick or semi slick tyres then they strongly recommend the Competition range. 2A and 3A for 2 way and 3 way adjustable respectively. This is the same unit on full time track cars and winners of the famous 24 Nurburgring race! The technology is the same as in the V1-club sports just valved to cater for wider range of springs and road conditions. The body is made from galvanised steel which is stronger and dissipates heat better. Obviously it will have top mounts and reservoirs for racing endurance. It's a bespoke service and the good news is it's not actually much more expensive than the club-sports. It's starts by you calling KW directly and they send you a form you complete about your car suspension mods and corner weights then they build your kit after simulation on theirF1 spec 7 poster jig. They ship it out to you for testing and if you are not happy it can be re valved, springs changed etc to meet your needs. The range of tuning is unlimited and they can also provide race support or live tech support from Germany as all part of the partnership if you buy the competition coilovers. Obvious race support is not free or cheap but phone tech support is.

The competition 2A is £18000+ VAT and custom changes cost extra but not stupidly expensive. Eg I had my V3 rebuilt before selling them last year and it cost £536 including VAT and shipping to Germany. For comparison the clubsports is £2125 inc VAT but I found it cheaper at £1870 but if I had actually got the top mounts it would have cost more.

V1-clubsports are made with innox for longevity and rust proofing.

If you are going to go for the competition then you need to complete all your mods that will after corner weight and geometry first. So once my cage is done and new sc in one it get ordering.

At this prices you can't go wrong.

Interesting