Essential FIrst Mods to a Zed?

Aminul

Hi All,

Considering getting a 350Z roadster facelift towards the end of the year. Was just wondering what the 'essential' first mods should be?

For example, I recently learnt that the clutch is very weak on these cars? what would be an upgrade for the stock clutch etc...

Thanks in advance, Aminul :)

Essential first mod to any used car you've just bought imo should always be a good service. ;)

Eg: New oil/filter, air filter, clutch/brake/coolant fluid and possibly a change of spark plugs depending on whether they've been done or not.

That way you'll know for sure that all the basic things to keep the car in good running order have been covered and then you can start thinking about any upgrades afterwards. :thumbs:

350Z service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

For me as a new owner, my priorities are lighter wheels (currently have the GT4s which look good but are heavy), coilovers and some minor brake mods. Everyone has different priorities though, and it's a great car as standard IMO. Don't know about weak clutches, but for in that respect I'd never buy a car which had dodgy feeling transmission.

As above, should be looking to get: (as you'll have a facelift you won't need the LED rear lights)

1. Stubby aerial

2. Exhaust

3. Spacers (20mm front, 25mm back - although other forum members will have their own thoughts on the sizes)

4. Wheels

5. Service

:thumbs:

Obviously its all opinion but discouting the service which you should do anyway as soon as you get the car (have you checked the oil level!).

Stubby aerial - ipod hack on the standard head unit - exhaust - engine bay bling (Zed has a very pretty engine bay and a lot of fun to customise) - wheels - body kit additions (side steps are cheap and easy to fit yourself for example)

I would not run spacers on any car, I would get wheels that fit the car, but thats a matter of opinion.

All of the above but decent service first so you can fix the priorities (hopefully not many if any at all) then the world is your lobster. click on my signature photo for a link to my photobucket library. There's a few photos of my build on there. There are loads of great examples of what can be done elsewhere on this forum. I would think it through and plan what look you what rather than charge into it and make costly changes later on.

Edited by Payco

Headunit and ariel are a must imo

Tyres, door lights to LED is a simple one and change the oil.

Then whatever you want.

I wouldnt bother changing the clutch until you actually feel it going, its an expensive job.

Edited by iamtheoneneo

First thing I did was Service definitely is a priority if not already done. Then after that first mod was Custom Exhaust and Tinted Windows. I invested in some Eyelids, had my Daytime Running lights fitted, sent my dials to America to have all the LED's Changed and then Engine Bay bling and LED Z Taillights from Australia :)There are still an endless list I need to do but have those and the car looks ace! 👠ive already got a custom head unit in but if the car had the original Stereo in when I bought her then I'd have changed that first without a doubt :)

So my opinion:-

Service

Exhaust

Tinted windows

ðŸ‘

I would say spacers but I am yet to have them myself but they do look tons better with them on by other people's 350z's ðŸ‘😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a seriouse thread or what? Everyone knows about servicing cars when you first buy them. The blokes asking what mods to do an your all like "change the oil and lights and service it" lllmmmmfffffaaaaooooo!!!!!!!

Amazes me how people people class a services as a mod...

The first mod to do is a plenum spacer bro with air filter. Dont change exhaust the standard one is good for like 450bhp or something along those lines.

• Like 1

Buy a forum members car that has the essential mods already

Pointers from me are - stubby aerial, steering wheel recover, good roof, good tyres, good exhaust...

Did I mention that I am considering selling my roadster :) Feel free to PM me when the time is right.

Buy a forum members car that has the essential mods already

Pointers from me are - stubby aerial, steering wheel recover, good roof, good tyres, good exhaust...

Did I mention that I am considering selling my roadster :) Feel free to PM me when the time is right.

I love how you guys class that as a modd. Jokers. Thats like how i "modified" my VW polo when i was 17...i class these more as personal touches to the car... NOT a modification.

Edited by Kingshane

Is this a seriouse thread or what? Everyone knows about servicing cars when you first buy them. The blokes asking what mods to do an your all like "change the oil and lights and service it" lllmmmmfffffaaaaooooo!!!!!!!

Amazes me how people people class a services as a mod...

The first mod to do is a plenum spacer bro with air filter. Dont change exhaust the standard one is good for like 450bhp or something along those lines.

A rather naive 'assumption' - I would bet you a full great british pound that not every person on this forum serviced the car after they bought it

I repeat...service is NOT a modification. Also.. Since u quoted me word for word i never said everyone does service there car. I said "everyone knows"

The first thread the guy is askin the same question i was going to ask..And yet no one has actually answerd what he was looking for. After more and more reading i found this is probly more for what hes after:

-plenum space

-pop charger ( i personally prefer a bmc cda but on this forum they recomend a pop charger)

-remap/uprev

-exhaust

They seem to be the essential first mods. After that its bigger work required and more expence.

The aerial mod is a long running joke amongst Zed owners as being a 'key mod' - as you are new shane we can let you off that one. Why would a service not be a mod? Car has Halfords oil and own label spark plugs in it which are replaced with something like Millers high grade and branded plugs is likely to improve the car albeit a small one.

'Everyone knows' to do the service - again I would challenge that and I doubt many people would agree with you on that - plenty of posts dotted on many performance car forums with engine problems and the new owner never serviced the car when they bought it or even thought to.

Induction is an interesting one, pop charger for noise, branded panel filter for performance - depends on what you want to get out of it.

As in answering the original question, there are half a dozen posts talking about exhausts etc?

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

Modification:

: the act or process of changing parts of something : the act or process of modifying something

or

: a change in something (such as a system or style)

Quoted from a reliable internet source that didnt begin with the word Wiki.

so, as far im concerned, my airfreshner idea is still valid. As i can say i modified the scent style of the ambiant atmospheric conditions upon which my respiratory system operates

anyone who disagrees with it can go speak to Mr Dictionary at Location Oxford.

now, you may continue squabbling with oil. But remember to quote either perception or dictionary definition within your attempt to win an argument with a peer.

in other news, i am at work and very, very busy.

did you also hear that scientists want to inspect Surfers Rectums for an ecoli experiment. WTF you cant publish that BBC !

• Like 4

Modification:

: the act or process of changing parts of something : the act or process of modifying something

or

so, as far im concerned, my airfreshner idea is still valid. As i can say i modified the scent style of the ambiant atmospheric conditions upon which my respiratory system operates

now, you may continue squabbling with oil. But remember to quote either perception or dictionary definition within your attempt to win an argument with a peer.

did you also hear that scientists want to inspect Surfers Rectums for an ecoli experiment. WTF you cant publish that BBC !

Personally I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

I repeat...service is NOT a modification. Also.. Since u quoted me word for word i never said everyone does service there car. I said "everyone knows"

The first thread the guy is askin the same question i was going to ask..And yet no one has actually answerd what he was looking for. After more and more reading i found this is probly more for what hes after:

-plenum space

-pop charger ( i personally prefer a bmc cda but on this forum they recomend a pop charger)

-remap/uprev

-exhaust

They seem to be the essential first mods. After that its bigger work required and more expence.

So now you state exhaust where in post 14 you stated 'Dont change exhaust the standard one is good for like 450bhp or something along those lines.'

And can you keep the shouting NOT out of your text, it really isn't necessary. People are providing information on what they consider good modifications not necessarily what you consider good, neither is right or wrong.

• Like 1

Modification:

or

:lol: :lol: :lol: