what do you do when you're not playing with your Z's

andybp

Lots of people go to the gym on here !!!

yea i noticed that i'm really surprised how many they keep calling me gay at work because i use the gym ? ,well that and the Lycra wearing

WOMEN in lycra at the gym is a beautiful thing.

I'd love to be ripped. Almost got there once when I was well and truly into it but I just love food too much.

Progressive overload is the best way to grow.

That's exactly what I have read/learnt so I'm sticking with it. ;)

I train at home but have been to the gym a few times in the past and I concur that is true, ...very true. :teeth:

• Like 1

^^ Looking good ~ no homo. :lol::D

I've been working out now 3 times a week since around January. Definitely seen improvements but obviously these things take time.

Hardest part is staying motivated but I'm sticking at it so far. ;)

WAS looking good. Lol. Thanks.

Diet is the hardest part for me. My default mode is fat bstard.

Stick at it! Its great when you get the bug and results start coming in.

:lol: Love that - I seem to have gone there as well - to many visitors with Doughnuts :lol:

Krispy Kreme is LETHAL. Damn. I can eat 12 no problem. Especially the custard ones!

wow. 12! serious? impressive! :lol:

I always said I could but never actually tried. I probably couldn't. also I always got too harassed for being greedy and to share em.

I've put away about 6 in 1 go before.

Unfortunately I have a self imposed ban on em at moment as i got too fat recently. :thumbdown:

there is no competition in donuts when it comes to those things.

Football Manager stole my life.

Actually given as a reason for many a divorce within the UK!

If you've got time to get married in the first place, you're not taking your management career seriously enough :lol:

• Like 2

I didnt realise i could have said gym :lol: i got 5 days a week but during my lunch at work :)

I'm not huge, i dont diet but im pretty strong for my size.. can bench 130kg, yesterday i shoulder pressed 40kg dumbells so 40 each hand, i can curl 30's... but i have a full english nearly every day, pizzas alcohol etc.. lol

• Like 1

I'd love to be ripped. Almost got there once when I was well and truly into it but I just love food too much.

Progressive overload is the best way to grow.

That's exactly what I have read/learnt so I'm sticking with it. ;)

I train at home but have been to the gym a few times in the past and I concur that is true, ...very true. :teeth:

It's the best method I've used.

I do 4 sets of 8 on everything. As soon as I can complete the 8th rep on the 4th set then the following week I increase by say, 10kg if it's bench press. I sort of plateaud at 180kg on bench press when I used to love the gym.

Now 180 is the amount of doughnuts I consume in a week.

• Like 1

^^ Looking good ~ no homo. :lol::D

I've been working out now 3 times a week since around January. Definitely seen improvements but obviously these things take time.

Hardest part is staying motivated but I'm sticking at it so far. ;)

WAS looking good. Lol. Thanks.

Diet is the hardest part for me. My default mode is fat bstard.

Stick at it! Its great when you get the bug and results start coming in.

:lol: Love that - I seem to have gone there as well - to many visitors with Doughnuts :lol:

Krispy Kreme is LETHAL. Damn. I can eat 12 no problem. Especially the custard ones!

wow. 12! serious? impressive! :lol:

I always said I could but never actually tried. I probably couldn't. also I always got too harassed for being greedy and to share em.

I've put away about 6 in 1 go before.

Unfortunately I have a self imposed ban on em at moment as i got too fat recently. :thumbdown:

there is no competition in donuts when it comes to those things.

Serious lol.

When I say to people who haven't tried Krispy Kreme and they say "oh I don't like donuts" I just say "trust me".

Most people who think of donuts think of ASDA jam donuts etc.

I didnt realise i could have said gym :lol: i got 5 days a week but during my lunch at work :)

I'm not huge, i dont diet but im pretty strong for my size.. can bench 130kg, yesterday i shoulder pressed 40kg dumbells so 40 each hand, i can curl 30's... but i have a full english nearly every day, pizzas alcohol etc.. lol

That's some good lifting!! You should be proud of those numbers.

I love a full English.

I do 4 sets of 8 on everything. As soon as I can complete the 8th rep on the 4th set then the following week I increase by say, 10kg if it's bench press. I sort of plateaud at 180kg on bench press when I used to love the gym.

We're off topic but still wanted to reply, :dry: ....I'm doing 4 sets of 8-10 on everything currently. 10 Reps is the goal but if I only make it to 8 on each set then I'm happy.

I'm not lifting anywhere near what you're capable of but I have a different physique & I'm now lifting a lot more weight than what I could 6 months ago. I've put on a lot of muscle mass since I started my training so am pleased with the way it's going.

I do find it difficult though as I don't really get a buzz from it like some people seem to when doing the actual exercising bit although I do get a buzz from seeing an improvement in my weight & muscle. :):thumbs:

• Like 2

We're off topic but still wanted to reply, :dry: ....I'm doing 4 sets of 8-10 on everything currently. 10 Reps is the goal but if I only make it to 8 on each set then I'm happy.

I'm not lifting anywhere near what you're capable of but I have a different physique & I'm now lifting a lot more weight than what I could 6 months ago. I've put on a lot of muscle mass since I started my training so am pleased with the way it's going.

I do find it difficult though as I don't really get a buzz from it like some people seem to when doing the actual exercising bit although I do get a buzz from seeing an improvement in my weight & muscle. :):thumbs:

it is a lot easier if you enjoy it and don't see it as a chore . I'm still stuck doing Cardio only as since being ill before Christmas i still cant lift weights safely :nono: maybe soon

it is a lot easier if you enjoy it and don't see it as a chore . I'm still stuck doing Cardio only as since being ill before Christmas i still cant lift weights safely :nono: maybe soon

It's not that I see it as a chore so much but just that I don't find it that enjoyable. :shrug:

I listen to music though whilst I exercise which does help and definitely helps mask any embarrassing grunting noises. :lol:

• Like 1

Guys - seriously - a bit of tone is good, ripped is not - well IMO anyway. (YUK !!!! )

I have an ex husband who still does 5 days of 2 hour sessions a week, masses of serious and dangerous dieting and dehydration (IMO again!) before competitions. To be fair he does and is still winning or in the top 4 for the UK. I do admire the effort though.

Makes me laugh however, if I have injured myself, how he can tense up certain areas and show me the muscle effected by certain movements or strains. (Behave now - think clean thoughts !!! ;):lol: )

The constant viewing oneself in a mirror and vanity though is horrendous, let alone turning up at mine in a singlet when he visits Urgh-revolting !! And - he thinks I am fat - a mere untoned size 10/12 !! :boxing:

As for me;-

I did do masses of Water Skiing - until the injuries got too bad - sadly too competitive for my own good.

I also did assist running a Scout Group - until it got too political - only very recently given this up.

I used to love designing Gardens, just not done any for a while.

I downhill ski most years preferring the Scandinavian Countries.

Love to travel - to places less travelled mostly.

Attending/Watching most Motorsport inc Dragster (Car, & Bike)

Love Driving with a huge passion - joining in Car Trips UK & Abroad, doing Track Days.

Walks in the Countryside with friends.

There are few things I dislike - well the Gym and Bowling (I just don't get it ) mainly !!! :lol:

Thinking Flying has got to be one of the next adventures to try out. :D

• Like 2

Wendy I'm nowhere near ripped, :dry::lol: ...just trying hard to get more (bigger) muscles. I'm definitely well toned though now. ;)

If you want to try flying then maybe take a look at gliders (easier to get into then flying an actual motorized plane). My Mrs has done that before and she loved it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Guys - seriously - a bit of tone is good, ripped is not - well IMO anyway. (YUK !!!! )

I have an ex husband who still does 5 days of 2 hour sessions a week, masses of serious and dangerous dieting and dehydration (IMO again!) before competitions. To be fair he does and is still winning or in the top 4 for the UK. I do admire the effort though.

Makes me laugh however, if I have injured myself, how he can tense up certain areas and show me the muscle effected by certain movements or strains. (Behave now - think clean thoughts !!! ;):lol: )

The constant viewing oneself in a mirror and vanity though is horrendous, let alone turning up at mine in a singlet when he visits Urgh-revolting !! And - he thinks I am fat - a mere untoned size 10/12 !! :boxing:

As for me;-

I did do masses of Water Skiing - until the injuries got too bad - sadly too competitive for my own good.

I also did assist running a Scout Group - until it got too political - only very recently given this up.

I used to love designing Gardens, just not done any for a while.

I downhill ski most years preferring the Scandinavian Countries.

Love to travel - to places less travelled mostly.

Attending/Watching most Motorsport inc Dragster (Car, & Bike)

Love Driving with a huge passion - joining in Car Trips UK & Abroad, doing Track Days.

Walks in the Countryside with friends.

There are few things I dislike - well the Gym and Bowling (I just don't get it ) mainly !!! :lol:

Thinking Flying has got to be one of the next adventures to try out. :D

A once good female friend who had a very addictive personality started weight training to get into shape, one thing led to another and she is now competing. Obsessive dieting, training till she is sick. I never see her anymore, she pretty much lives in the gym, very sad to see, especially the change in physique and personality to be fair :(

• Like 1

personally i do it because i enjoy it and i haven't been ripped in 10+ yrs now it's about fighting the ageing process the fitter i stay the longer i will be able to do the things i want :boxing:

• Like 3

personally i do it because i enjoy it and i haven't been ripped in 10+ yrs now it's about fighting the ageing process the fitter i stay the longer i will be able to do the things i want :boxing:

Exactly, ...none of us are getting any younger. :byebye::lol:

• Like 1

Well when I was young

skateboarding, bikes, paintball, r/c planes and 1/8 cars, control line, skiing, rock band, Airsoft

Then got married and had to give up everything lol, look out Chirag!!!

Always loved cars but really started with the cars a few years ago with Ryan my son and after some 30 different cars and our 3rd zed I'm now having a mid life crisis!!!

Problem is I'm feeling my age and unless I get into shape i actually fear I will not be able to carry on doing the things I love so I'm going to start walking or biking to loose the mid rift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No harm what so ever in using a gym for excercise, its the competitive side of the gym people get into - as Jetset also indicates.

Although I don't get my act together, I would rather go swimming, cycling, walking etc reguarly, favouring a variety.

Track Time 20 minutes on/off spot on !!! Works superbly, as would racing !!!!!! Now that would be worth getting fitter for actually !

As would for more Track Time - which I am being drawn more towards than I have for the last 3 - 4 years............ :teeth:

I do Pilates weekly and stretching excercise most days - which I know is nothing like enough !!

'They' can't make up their minds if the housework, car washing, gardening is excercise or not, plus, I struggle with the the motivation, mostly having friends who are either super fit or I would be dragging along. ;) But, yes I too need to address this sooner than later. :scare::lol:

Now where is the wine, need a glass infront of the telly ?? :lol: