370z loudest exhaust?

parello9

Stillen is pretty loud (well mine is)

ARK is a nice sound though :thumbs:

I fancy stillen is it a nice barable loud?

I like mine nice for motorway - not to loud but you know it's there at normal speeds (so not the M3 as most of it is 50 zone at the moment :rant: ) sounds great when you open her up - is a bit loud holding speed in lower gears 120mph is a "loud spot" tends to drone but you only get there on track so no issue - may be a bit worse on long stints in Germany - hope to find out at some point :thumbs:

Ark DTS

Never heard one in person but read a lot about them. Bit louder than Stillen and available with blue burnt tips (full or partial). If you have (or add) HFCs it should be pretty loud.

http://www.arkperformance.com/Nissan-370Z-DT-S-Burnt-Tip-2009-ON-3-7L-p/sm0901-0209d.htm

Didn't like my stillen AT ALL. The cobra was miles better than the Nismo and stillen exhaust IMO! just have to listen to as many as you can!

Oh dear. And it was me who advised you to get one. ;) . Guess it just goes to show that exhausts is a very subjective issue....

• Like 1

Ark DTS

Never heard one in person but read a lot about them. Bit louder than Stillen and available with blue burnt tips (full or partial). If you have (or add) HFCs it should be pretty loud.

http://www.arkperformance.com/Nissan-370Z-DT-S-Burnt-Tip-2009-ON-3-7L-p/sm0901-0209d.htm

Didn't like my stillen AT ALL. The cobra was miles better than the Nismo and stillen exhaust IMO! just have to listen to as many as you can!

Oh dear. And it was me who advised you to get one. ;) . Guess it just goes to show that exhausts is a very subjective issue....

It's not that - I just missed the regular burble and pops from my 350z cobra exhaust... The stillen didn't sound much different to the Nismo exhaust IMO.

• Like 1

Surely the short tails plus straight through decat will be the loudest? Might not be the best tone though!

short tails and test pipes is very loud!!!!! lasted about 30 mins before i changed them again haha

^^^^ doubt you could live with it ...as above

my custom made valve controllable straight thru from cat back makes some noise but I can't compare as I haven't come across any 370z's to compare. these cars are rare as!

It's also getting louder as time goes on and it settles in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Motordyne + ART pipes, ARK exhaust + ARK R Spec test pipes.

This.

Any exhaust fabricator could do you a setup with mostly straight through pipes & decat- the cybox short tails in the other thread do similar essentially if you're just after more noise.