Think of getting a Zed but of the German variety

hensh65

You're going to regret that matey, but congrats anyway, new cars are always things to celebrate :)

What you save on finance you're going to pay out more in fuel, but at least you'll be having more fun doing it! :D

I'm sure the new car would be fun...Don't forget modding costs on top of extra fuel costs....Wasn't the point of a diesel A5 originally something to do with saving money compared to running a Z. I originally bought a Z because I thought it would be cheaper to run/maintain/insure than a Hawkeye Impreza :p

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

I always tell myself "time for a diesel" when the new car time comes, but always end up with a faster more fuel hungry beast than last time....it must be a man thing. Only live once right!!

• Like 1

Only live once right!!

Very true but what you need to do is apply that thinking to houses....I don't know what house prices are like where you live, but around Leicester a large detached house with a double garage in a nice area is at least £500,000 - This is the price range our next house will be in - If your anywhere near London I really feel sorry for you because you wouldn't get much more than a mid-terrace/flat for £500k, how you bring up a family in a flat I have no idea :(

Monthly mortgage payments on a £400,000 mortgage is £2000 a month at 3.5% interest 5 year fixed assuming 20% deposit. IF you can put down a larger deposit, and drop the mortgage to £250,000 your monthly payments go down to £1,000 month, because you can now access products that offer 2.2% fixed, and a lower initial borrowed sum.

Your personal situation may be different, but the same principles apply. The bigger you house deposit the cheaper your monthly cost, and by a substantial margin!!

So you can use the philosophy of 'Only live once', but if you try to budget and plan for 5 years ahead your could save your self ALOT of money by tightening the belt for a relative short time period now....And once the house/mortgage is sorted your have lots more disposable income to waste on what ever you like. Personally I much rather pay £1000 a month on my mortgage rather than £2000 a month, but for that to happen we have to squirrel away like mad for the next 5 years (The T fund is separate a ring-fenced account :p).

But swapping a car to change the monthly payments from £294 to £219, whilst going from a diesel to a turbo petrol performance car...I'm sure it'll be great fun, but don't kid your self that your actually making any serious attempt to save up any money towards a house....Manmaths or not :)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 3

Only live once right!!

Very true but what you need to do is apply that thinking to houses....I don't know what house prices are like where you live, but around Leicester a large detached house with a double garage in a nice area is at least £500,000 - This is the price range our next house will be in.

Monthly payments mortgage payments on a £400,000 mortgage is £2000 a month at 3.5% interest 5 year fixed assuming 20% deposit. IF you can put down a larger deposit, and drop the mortgage to £250,000 your monthly payments go down to £1,000 month, because you can now access products that offer 2.2% fixed, and a lower initial borrowed sum.

Your personal situation may be different, but the same principles apply. The bigger you house deposit the cheaper your monthly cost, and by a substantial margin!!

So you can use the philosophy of 'Only live once', but if you try to budget and plan for 5 years ahead your could save your self ALOT of money by tightening the belt for a relative short time period now....And once the house/mortgage is sorted your have lots more disposable income to waste on what ever you like. Personally I much rather pay £1000 a month on my mortgage rather than £2000 a month, but for that to happen we have to squirrel away like mad for the next 5 years.

But swapping a car to change the monthly payments from £294 to £219, whilst going from a diesel to a turbo petrol performance car...I'm sure it'll be great fun, but don't kid your self that your actually making any serious attempt to save up any money towards a house....Manmaths or not :)

Exactly this.

Only live once right!!

Very true but what you need to do is apply that thinking to houses....I don't know what house prices are like where you live, but around Leicester a large detached house with a double garage in a nice area is at least £500,000 - This is the price range our next house will be in - If your anywhere near London I really feel sorry for you because you wouldn't get much more than a mid-terrace/flat for £500k, how you bring up a family in a flat I have no idea :(

Monthly mortgage payments on a £400,000 mortgage is £2000 a month at 3.5% interest 5 year fixed assuming 20% deposit. IF you can put down a larger deposit, and drop the mortgage to £250,000 your monthly payments go down to £1,000 month, because you can now access products that offer 2.2% fixed, and a lower initial borrowed sum.

So you can use the philosophy of 'Only live once', but if you try to budget and plan for 5 years ahead your could save your self ALOT of money by tightening the belt for a relative short time period now....And once the house/mortgage is sorted your have lots more disposable income to waste on what ever you like. Personally I much rather pay £1000 a month on my mortgage rather than £2000 a month, but for that to happen we have to squirrel away like mad for the next 5 years (The T fund is separate a ring-fenced account :p).

Woah .......I just like scoobs is all ;)

Any thoughts on the Z4 or any other suggestions?

One of my friends has a 3.0 Z4 and it's a great car. Even though the stats are very similar to the 350z it does seem a little quicker. (note: it could well be my driving!)

It looks good, although I think the 350z is aging better as the new style Z4 looks much more modern compared to the 370z, so that's always made me feel like the 350z is aging better.

The only downside for me is they're too common. You never get the flash of the headlights or the wave from the other drivers, whereas in the 350z you know the driver is serious about cars and probably a real enthusiast. For me, that's the (silly) reason to get a 350z.

• Like 1

So you just lost a grand and got a car that could well get into the stands at knockhill- but won't get any attention...

:lol: just pullin your tadger mate enjoy the new car

• Like 1

So you just lost a grand and got a car that could well get into the stands at knockhill- but won't get any attention...

:lol: just pullin your tadger mate enjoy the new car

:lol:

You're in a rep mobile you cant come :lol: