Think of getting a Zed but of the German variety

hensh65

I've always bought cars outright - never had a loan. Sure my machinery hasn't been the latest and greatest cars, but the zed was plenty nice, and only depreciated £1400 in the 3 years I had it, so £460 a year. And have also been a happy mortgage payer for the last 4 years now, which is working out considerably cheaper than renting was! Plus, in that 4 years the value of our flat has gone up, and interest rates have gone down, so win win.

might consider getting a loan for a car now, but only now I know that mortgage is secured and making payments is comfortable. but then again, if I can continue to buy outright that's great, and can then move onto a bigger house and bigger mortgage.

Same here, never borrowed to buy a car - so whenever I might need cash its easy enough to reclaim from a car sale. Always makes me feel just that little bit less guilty about having it parked outside.

The issue is with going for an older car is i need to get rid of the A5. I am trying to sell private to clear the finance but obviously i can clear it with a px and cheaper car.

Just whatever one happens first!

If you can make do with the mini then sell the audi privately and wait til it's sold before you buy another car. If the reason your selling is cash then don't trade it in. Not after 8 months- you'll lose too much

Even if it takes longer for a buyer to bite you will be quids in

• Like 1

If you can make do with the mini then sell the audi privately and wait til it's sold before you buy another car. If the reason your selling is cash then don't trade it in. Not after 8 months- you'll lose too much

Even if it takes longer for a buyer to bite you will be quids in

Its around 1k negative equity which isnt shocking. I put a decent deposit down when i bought it.

Yeh I can use the mini so I am hoping to sell privately.

Which site are you using to try & sell? Maybe worth putting it on gumtree but put it under the likes of Aberdeen. They love their audis in Aberdeen & you tend to be able to get a little more for them. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive at the end of the day.

• Like 1

I had a 3.0si z4 for 12 months .....plus sides are it's very quick off the line but lacks a little at the rev limit. Worst part is the handling. It's terrible. They stick to the road but the electronic steering tries to mimic road conditions and the car is constantly darting left an right even on flat straight roads. I couldn't even sit in the first lane on the motorway it was so bad. Lovely car to own for a short time but not a keeper in my opinion.

Edited by newkid
  • Like 1

I had 4 wheel alignment done after the first month or so, it's a common complaint on the z4 forum, the cars are renowned for being skittish and because I had the upgraded alloys (that come with the sport) it just made it worse.

I thought handling was one of the good things with the Z4, I took mine down to Cornwall once and it was excellent around the twists, brakes suffered after a while though. True though the electric power steering is pants and that's why they don't fit to to the z4m or E89 Z4

I think the tramlining etc must be a bmw thing. My z3 done it which was running stock suspension wheels and non run flats, also a friends 3 series done it. We'd laugh about the feeling you got if you touch a painted white line.

Kris what about an mx5? Still fun to drive however not much power but useable fun no doubt.

I'll get you the hairclippers though :lol:

Well guys I just got a car today....

Dont be angry at me :lol:

Subaru Impreza WRX hatch in pearlescent white. It also has the upgraded OZ wheels.

I am going from £296 for the A5 to £215 for the Scooby which included 4 wheel refurb. They are currently gold with scuffs on all the wheels. Going for black (sorry Irfan )

• Like 2

You're going to regret that matey, but congrats anyway, new cars are always things to celebrate :)

What you save on finance you're going to pay out more in fuel, but at least you'll be having more fun doing it! :D

• Like 2

You're going to regret that matey, but congrats anyway, new cars are always things to celebrate :)

What you save on finance you're going to pay out more in fuel, but at least you'll be having more fun doing it! :D

I am going to try and cut my driving down, maybe the push to actually get the train and stop being lazy.

But i enjoy driving and the social side that comes with owning a performance car. The a5 just offered nothing.

• Like 1

:doh:

If you pulled something like a porsche out the bag then I would've given your man maths some credit. But instead Neil you should do the honours lol

Mate, honestly there was nothing that took my fancy. I can actually attend jap fest this year and not park in thw car park :lol: