What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

After spending some time with a friend and seeing him play, I bought Witcher 3. Damn this is a big game. There's so much content in the base game, the devs added a lot of free extras and the expansions are damn cheap (on top of its current very low price in a lot of places). Well worth a punt if it's your type of game.

I'll be playing this for ages while I wait for other titles (like Doom and Dark Souls 3) to drop in price.

15 hours of Doom and I am still not at the end, game is relentless and demoralizing. You kill a boss by the skin of your teeth, he dies then they spawn him again or the spawn 2 of them! Possibly one of the best fast pace fps I have played. Usually I am a battlefield bod, loved BF2 and still occasionally dabbling in BF4. Just need to finish Doom before the sun re-appears!

quantum break sucked ass. Too much reading too much video and not alot of different stuff to try and do. Too linea.

Doom is fast paced good fun. chainsaw is good when i remember to use it and as always the bfg kicks ass.I think im near the end but not sure lol

Love a lot of cod games was really looking forward for cod 4 remastered but there is no way Ill be paying £70 just to get it that also only has half the multiplayer maps available.

15 hours of Doom and I am still not at the end

You expect to finish a game in 15 hours?

Yep for sure, bf is about 10 hours done and dusted on the hardest setting, same for COD series - i like to session it for about 3 days then casually drop in and out of multiplayer when i get free time.

I should probably get out a bit more :)

15 hours of Doom and I am still not at the end

Yep for sure, bf is about 10 hours done and dusted on the hardest setting, same for COD series - i like to session it for about 3 days then casually drop in and out of multiplayer when i get free time.

I should probably get out a bit more :)

Can't justify a solid games campaign on COD and BF.

10 or even 15 hours to finish a game sounds pretty fast to me. Having said that I don't play many modern titles, I think the last time I played through FF5 it took me over 30 hours and I could remember large chunks of the story and where to go when. Pretty sure the first time through FF7 it was approaching 80-90 hours. GT5 I have no idea how long it took me to finally finish that, the 2 24 hour races were what really slowed progress but I don't know if that counts. I am a million miles away from finishing GT6 and must have logged over 25 hours no problem. The only other games I have played within the last year are multiplayer COD blops1 and mw3 and Diablo3. Not 100% finished diablo on all difficulties with all characters yet and that must be well over 24 hours.

I think I would feel duped if I spent £40+ on a new title and had finished in 10 hours, although I am adopting the Yorkshire ways and am a tight arse.

10 or even 15 hours to finish a game sounds pretty fast to me. Having said that I don't play many modern titles, I think the last time I played through FF5 it took me over 30 hours and I could remember large chunks of the story and where to go when. Pretty sure the first time through FF7 it was approaching 80-90 hours. GT5 I have no idea how long it took me to finally finish that, the 2 24 hour races were what really slowed progress but I don't know if that counts. I am a million miles away from finishing GT6 and must have logged over 25 hours no problem. The only other games I have played within the last year are multiplayer COD blops1 and mw3 and Diablo3. Not 100% finished diablo on all difficulties with all characters yet and that must be well over 24 hours.

I think I would feel duped if I spent £40+ on a new title and had finished in 10 hours, although I am adopting the Yorkshire ways and am a tight arse.

LOL

I should have clarified a bit - fps on campaign mode. But you don't buy these titles for campaign it's all about online multilayer.

Mass effect 2 \ 3, not to mention fallout have stolen weeks if it added them together probably best not to think about it or write it on a public forum in case my wife reads it!!

• Like 1

I've lost many days of my life to the ME series. I've played all three through twice, once normally and then once with a guide to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I reckon I put at least 60-80 hours into each one (including DLC).

If you do the maths on that, it works out as about 20 days non-stop. And I'd happily do it again :D

For a modern shooter? 15 hours is well above the expected play time. Usually you're looking at less than 10. I finished Uncharted 4 the other day with my total time being somewhere in the region of 13 hours. That's taking into account every cutscene and a bit of off-the-beaten-path exploring and at a pretty relaxed pace. Less story-driven run and gun games are typically shorter.

The rest of us were busy having a life and sex whilst Grundy was playing WoW and Dota2 though :p:lol:

But you didn't have a bunch of legendary's or a 5 man rampage!

Totes /worth

Edited by Grundy@TeamTarmac
  • Like 3

I finished Uncharted 4 the other day with my total time being somewhere in the region of 13 hours.

Really? I haven't played any of the uncharted games so know nothing about them, is there much online for it? I'd expect 60-100 hours of game play (solo/online combined) for a game to be worth it. Think I'm about 70 hours in to Dark Souls 3 atm and almost finished.

Really? I haven't played any of the uncharted games so know nothing about them, is there much online for it? I'd expect 60-100 hours of game play (solo/online combined) for a game to be worth it. Think I'm about 70 hours in to Dark Souls 3 atm and almost finished.

There's multiplayer but I don't play it. Much more of a single player person with a few exceptions. Most non-RPGs don't go very far into double digits when it comes to single player length, particularly with modern gaming where so much of the focus is on the multiplayer. When companies like Activision see players skipping their single player and going straight into the multiplayer, you can't blame them for shifting focus.

And then you have the Witcher 3 which breaks 100+ hours without even trying, apparently.

I would hate to know what my game play time is on halo 3, if that time was put to a different skill such as an instrument i would be touring the world now haha

I think my game time was 60 days played or more for halo 3 and still play it to this day hahaha best multiplayer I have ever played but to be honest halo 5 Is a close second been playing that as much as possible and its just as good/competitive.

lol i just found this thread playing to much wow + fallout 4 and borderlands 2 got the new one but still smashing bl2 , was thinking of trying new doom for single player i had alpha for the multi but i thought it was tosh.

cannot rember my played time on wow across all chars know its like 480 days or close on my mage. but then ive been playing since the release of vanilla ,got me away from everquest back in the day