Temporary toy for the summer - Porsche Cayman S

Adrian@TORQEN

When i was thinking about a 911 and started doing the research i came across all these issues and lots of other info on the net. Some good some bad.

One guy described the ownership as driving along with a time bomb behind you and you just don`t know when it`s going to go off.

From what i remember reading though about the history Porsche were in major trouble and about to go bust so had to save the company. Toyota worked with them and helped them convert to mass production instead of being hand built and the water cooled 996 was born.

Perhaps the lesson learned is that its not easy to build a high performance car in a mass production way. It could also be that the sort of people who started to own them and run them treated them like normal saloons and they don`t fair as well as Porsche thought they would.

Either way its still a 911 and they are special. Think how good it could be after the rebuild.

• 2 months later...

Little update, the warranty has finally agreed to pay for the bill, just fine tune some bits and bobs with them now. All 6 cylinders are being relined and all 6 pistons are being replaced together with other less expensive parts.

Managed to source the parts from our suppliers in Germany through some friends at TORQEN :lol: :lol:, about £1300 cheaper than Porsche UK. So the car should be back on the road in 2-3 weeks tops.

This is the bill from Porsche UK with the parts being replaced.

2015-08-15_18-49-28.jpeg

Buy it then, brand new engine! :lol:

No, I don't want to ever see that marque ever again anywhere near me. I'm highly disappointed with Porsche's engines, shame on the handling :(

:lol: Not bitter at all then. Welcome back to dear old Nissan :thumbs: