Tradelink... Disappointing

p34nut

I've dealt with greg a few times and he is a good guy.

If you look back through my topics, one of them i completely slated tradelink. but then i got to know Greg went back and dealt with him again.

His way of dealing with customers, myself included is for you to take your time and decide yourself if you want it.

Why didnt you tell him you wanted the car and wanted to strike a deal? Im sure he's not a mind reader.

you sound like you needed him to hold your hand through the process and thats not his style.

how hard was it to look at the mileage when you sat in the car? its one of the first things i look at when i get in a car.

i say this having been a salesman for SEAT, Vauxhall and trading cars myself for the past 2/3 years.

Didn't need him to hold my hand, just a little respect and effort when selling a car rather than playing with a phone not caring for what I was asking

Yes I had looked at the mileage, as said I asked him to confirm while I was checking paperwork syncing up MOT and service history, also to work out in my head when I was going to have to fork out next for a service. I don't think the question was one out of the norm nor should it have been any effort to answer. My point being if he showed that little interest and effort then how would he have held up to further questioning or the final one being the price

Didn't have to be a mind reader. If him listening to me and my mrs talk while at his desk or me telling him that I had cash and everything organised didn't ring a bell for him I doubt forcing his hand open and stuffing cash in it would have had much more effect lol

Honestly people I'm not here for us to snap at each other merely to share what I witnessed first hand

I just expect a little more attention and effort when I'm about to hand over 7 grand

You were about to hand over +£7K for a standard 350 sat on 82K miles? :p

Unfortunately that's the downside about buying via a dealer

Totally disgusting. Totally agree with everything you have said. People who have dealt with them before maybe of a different opinion.

Lets hope they get their act together before they loose any more trade. :scare:

• Like 1

Yeah sitting on the moby and ignoring a customer, regardless of the situ is not good, he should have been all over that situation and ready to jump when you wanted him to. A good salesman should never let a customer wander off without realising what was going on, if you have felt hard done by, regardless of the who what why when etc, then that is not a good result for them. But dont give up yet, give it another go and see if it was a one off and take it from there. Dont let emotion get in the way of good business!

Oh I'm not upset or distressed about the situation at all. I actually have my coach ticket booked for a 3.5 hour trip to go see the next

I was speaking to the mrs earlier and realised that's the first time I've ever walked away from a car and I have owned quite a list

• Like 1

As for the phone situation all staff at my branch have been told no phones out while at work. Using one in front of a customer without prior arrangement will often see a verbal warning and moved onto written if continued

• Like 2

Yes you did ask for space but the dealer should still be keeping a 'keen eye' so to speak on you. As someone who deals with how people respond/treat people in customer service situations he should be paying attention even if giving you space... a half a**ed response when your asking a question is small detail at times but can make the difference in confidence. Plenty out there mate!

Its always disappointing when you have a bad experience with a dealer. Have to say Greg was very good with us when we were looking, let us test drive a couple of cars on our own and gave me a call when he had something new he thought I might like. Ended up buying privately and got what I was looking for but I couldn't say anything bad about the way I was treated! The right car is out there for you somewhere p34nut keep looking and you will find it!

Good luck

Ed

I've recently (just 4 weeks ago) bought a car from Greg at Tradelink, my third time to the garage so could have very easily have branded me a time waster or test-pilot but absolutely cannot fault the service I recieved. From point of arrival to looking over a number of cars, him chasing me up a few days later with a new deal and being more than happy to twiddle things and arrange everything to make my car perfect for me to take away. I know you listed the little faults, boot struts etc.. Did you talk to greg about these? I mean I got a better price then it was up for sale for, fantastic clean car, cash back on my trade in and he arranged for me to have two new front windows fitted, new air vents, new boot struts and allowed me to bring some parts to him and get them fitted by his mechanic when I picked the car up. Couldn't give the chap less than 10 out of 10. I've been around a lot of garages main dealer and little independents and I can honestly say the service at tradelink surpassed every other garage I visited. Very no nonsense enthusiast owned garage and comparing it to my experience splashing out 20k cash with a friend at Junction 13 on a 370z all I can say is I don't know why anyone would ever want to go somewhere other than tradelink. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience and I'm not sure if it was greg you dealt with or one of his colleagues but I hope you don't write the garage off as myself and clearly a few other members here have had really great service from the guys there. I do however wish you the best of luck finding you're new zed elsewhere. Hope its the one for you :)

I was an hour on my test drive :shrug: salesman was quite willing :D

Ooooooo yea baby

Only an hour? over here they will let you keep the car you are test-driving for a whole weekend (no deposit or anything, just a photo copy of driving licence). I remember when we got in Jemima the last thing the sales man said was "Drive it like you stole it" :lol: :lol:

I've recently (just 4 weeks ago) bought a car from Greg at Tradelink, my third time to the garage so could have very easily have branded me a time waster or test-pilot but absolutely cannot fault the service I recieved. From point of arrival to looking over a number of cars, him chasing me up a few days later with a new deal and being more than happy to twiddle things and arrange everything to make my car perfect for me to take away. I know you listed the little faults, boot struts etc.. Did you talk to greg about these? I mean I got a better price then it was up for sale for, fantastic clean car, cash back on my trade in and he arranged for me to have two new front windows fitted, new air vents, new boot struts and allowed me to bring some parts to him and get them fitted by his mechanic when I picked the car up. Couldn't give the chap less than 10 out of 10. I've been around a lot of garages main dealer and little independents and I can honestly say the service at tradelink surpassed every other garage I visited. Very no nonsense enthusiast owned garage and comparing it to my experience splashing out 20k cash with a friend at Junction 13 on a 370z all I can say is I don't know why anyone would ever want to go somewhere other than tradelink. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience and I'm not sure if it was greg you dealt with or one of his colleagues but I hope you don't write the garage off as myself and clearly a few other members here have had really great service from the guys there. I do however wish you the best of luck finding you're new zed elsewhere. Hope its the one for you :)

I don't think it was Greg that I was dealing with, all I can tell you is that it was a young guy who really couldn't be bothered at all.

I didn't get to the stage of bartering the price because the guy I was dealing with couldn't be bothered even with the smaller questions, as said as an experienced salesman myself I know you have to put some effort in. Talking to the customer rather than playing on your phone being one of them.

It's not just me, my wife was there and she couldn't belive I waited around that long and put up with that service. I have to add my wife is looking forward to me picking up a zed so it's not a case of her wanting to be elsewhere.

I'm personally not bothering with the place anymore, really wouldn't waste my time. As the post above states I'm due to travel tomorrow to look at one I want

I'm sorry you had a bad time with Tradelink, I go on very well with Greg and had exemplary service from him. Sounds like you were unlucky with the guy.

Good luck with your continued 350Z hunt! :)

Nothing can be as bad as Junction 17..... But me personally I hate any kind of pushy sales people. All I want is for them to answer my questions and prepare the car to a high standard. If its the right car I wont need it selling to me and I dont want someone to sell me the wrong car.

Ah!!!! Mr and Mrs Runaway... run run run run run runaway...

Here I am. Sorry, we have been busy, so i thought I would let all of you on here concerned voice your opinions...

Suffice to say, I have a few things to say about this as you would quite imagine as I think people really need to get their facts straight.

After you came over to Tradelink unannounced with no appointment booked, we made special provision for you, as we already had 3 groups of customers looking at 3 separate cars at once. We do work on a strictly by appointment basis as to not have too many people here at once. We are a firm of 3 so are limited to a certain extent and do actually put on all of our ads. "Viewing strictly by appointment"

Nevertheless we are always happy to show cars, (this is our business to sell cars so would be mad to turn people with no appointment away!), and accommodate people wherever possible as many of the comments on this thread will point out.

From the off you have said that we didn't want to pressurize you as i said when we first met... so why would I or Adey, who you dealt with (I will go back to him later) come outside and pester you if you were on the phone to your finance company?? (You didn't have the cash to purchase the car as you have mentioned, and were financing, which is fine, lots of people can't afford, or choose not to pay all in one go... these are as you say, large purchases. However, "cash buyer"?? Cash is made out of paper P34nut, and has the queens head on it!!).

You make out like you were there dangling the cash in front of us, trying to get a deal, asking loads of questions and to be honest you weren't. You were left to your own devices with no pressure as is the way at Tradelink. You were taken for a test drive. You were shown the paperwork as requested, which was all fanned out in front of you. Not messy as you say. If any mess was made it was made by you looking through the paperwork!! I don't mean to offend when i say this, BUT then you asked what the mileage was? Firstly, its on the advert and you must have known what it was before you came down, and when you were searching on ebay, autotrader etc. And secondly you were just in the car a few moments before. Its on the dash!!!

After you went outside it would be expected of you to come back inside, surely? You could see we were quite obviously busy. Had you done that we would have done our best to do a deal with you.

I have no issues by which my staff treat customers and no one will be getting a "telling off"... I also don't feel the need to apologize to anybody because I feel we have done nothing wrong. We have plenty of satisfied customers and that is how we like it. What do you want a salesman to do??... Stare at what you are doing oddly and disturbingly, staring through you in to your soul, whilst looking at paperwork for the car? Or maybe stalk you, coming outside and chase you and try and drag you back inside to do a deal? or maybe you would like him to be in your face and cocky. Or, as we like it, have a laid back knowledgeable approach with no pressure. We hold ourselves accountable for any wrong doing but checking your emails whilst a customer is sifting through some paperwork is not offensive in my book. Adey is an excellent worker, has been working for me for over a year now and is very personable. he has a good knowledge on cars and is just the way i like him. He is not and has never been rude to a single soul whilst working here or at his previous job.

If you want to buy a car with no nonsense come and see us... if you want a car sales restraining order go to junction 17 and if you want a cuddle ask your Mrs.

I wish you good luck in life.

• Like 14

Ah!!!! Mr and Mrs Runaway... run run run run run runaway...

Here I am. Sorry, we have been busy, so i thought I would let all of you on here concerned voice your opinions...

Suffice to say, I have a few things to say about this as you would quite imagine as I think people really need to get their facts straight.

After you came over to Tradelink unannounced with no appointment booked, we made special provision for you, as we already had 3 groups of customers looking at 3 separate cars at once. We do work on a strictly by appointment basis as to not have too many people here at once. We are a firm of 3 so are limited to a certain extent and do actually put on all of our ads. "Viewing strictly by appointment"

Nevertheless we are always happy to show cars, (this is our business to sell cars so would be mad to turn people with no appointment away!), and accommodate people wherever possible as many of the comments on this thread will point out.

From the off you have said that we didn't want to pressurize you as i said when we first met... so why would I or Adey, who you dealt with (I will go back to him later) come outside and pester you if you were on the phone to your finance company?? (You didn't have the cash to purchase the car as you have mentioned, and were financing, which is fine, lots of people can't afford, or choose not to pay all in one go... these are as you say, large purchases. However, "cash buyer"?? Cash is made out of paper P34nut, and has the queens head on it!!).

You make out like you were there dangling the cash in front of us, trying to get a deal, asking loads of questions and to be honest you weren't. You were left to your own devices with no pressure as is the way at Tradelink. You were taken for a test drive. You were shown the paperwork as requested, which was all fanned out in front of you. Not messy as you say. If any mess was made it was made by you looking through the paperwork!! I don't mean to offend when i say this, BUT then you asked what the mileage was? Firstly, its on the advert and you must have known what it was before you came down, and when you were searching on ebay, autotrader etc. And secondly you were just in the car a few moments before. Its on the dash!!!

After you went outside it would be expected of you to come back inside, surely? You could see we were quite obviously busy. Had you done that we would have done our best to do a deal with you.

I have no issues by which my staff treat customers and no one will be getting a "telling off"... I also don't feel the need to apologize to anybody because I feel we have done nothing wrong. We have plenty of satisfied customers and that is how we like it. What do you want a salesman to do??... Stare at what you are doing oddly and disturbingly, staring through you in to your soul, whilst looking at paperwork for the car? Or maybe stalk you, coming outside and chase you and try and drag you back inside to do a deal? or maybe you would like him to be in your face and cocky. Or, as we like it, have a laid back knowledgeable approach with no pressure. We hold ourselves accountable for any wrong doing but checking your emails whilst a customer is sifting through some paperwork is not offensive in my book. Adey is an excellent worker, has been working for me for over a year now and is very personable. he has a good knowledge on cars and is just the way i like him. He is not and has never been rude to a single soul whilst working here or at his previous job.

If you want to buy a car with no nonsense come and see us... if you want a car sales restraining order go to junction 17 and if you want a cuddle ask your Mrs.

I wish you good luck in life.

Glad i didnt make the trip down to you for mine after reading that. Regardless of his story being accurate what you said doesnt come across well!

• Like 3