• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Green
    • I'm not voting

Well, that's not what I expected to wake up to this morning. Where on earth did a possible Tory majority come from?!

Lib Dems protesting about their alliance with the Tories? Did the tuition fee issue ever really go away?
  • Like 1

Well there is a surprise, but not an unpleasant one even though my vote went the other way.

Ukip with 30% + of the vote pleases me though 2nd biggest party, edit, just read that wrong, apologies.

Ed lost seat after recount.

Edited by Jetpilot

Our first past the post has to change UKIP with 30% of the vote and only a possible 2 seats is a slap in the face of democracy ( the small d is deliberate )

Edited by bytespc

Just seen ukip have 12.5% share not as I posted above, over double snp, doesnt seem quite right to have 1 maybe 2 seats compared to 50 + for snp.

Yes I just saw that as well bloody BBC and there guestimates......still loads of results to actually be declared will be interesting to see the final result

Had to laugh at Miliband losing his Balls, must be painful for him :lol:

I voted against PR when we had the referendum, but even I have to admit it's looking a bit silly now we have so many parties in the mix.

For anyone who thinks that their vote doesn't count, In Derby North, the Conservatives won with a margin of only 41 votes!

Party I was going to vote for in Derby had 39 votes, mine wouldn't of made a difference :p

For anyone who thinks that their vote doesn't count, In Derby North, the Conservatives won with a margin of only 41 votes!

I would argue that all those Green party voters all over the country bar one consituency would argue otherwise. A few close calls but only in less than 1% of constiuencies. So I would have to disagree generally on that statement mate - Richmond was a pretty much a forgone conclusion here...

I voted against PR when we had the referendum, but even I have to admit it's looking a bit silly now we have so many parties in the mix.

Wasn't it AV we had the referendum on? which was rightly so rejected.

I would much prefer PR, and I reckon it would get voted in, although neither Labour nor the Tories would want it, so I think we'll be a long time waiting

I would argue that all those Green party voters all over the country bar one consituency would argue otherwise. A few close calls but only in less than 1% of constiuencies. So I would have to disagree generally on that statement mate - Richmond was a pretty much a forgone conclusion here...

Most of Surrey was a forgone conclusion. However, in a lot of places, particularly up north, a few hundred votes made the difference. They reckon the turnout was around 67% so if the other 33% turned out a lot of results could have changed. I know you will never get 100% turnout, but even a few % could have changed things. Certainly around my age group, a lot of people don't vote because "you can never change anything".

Well, that's not what I expected to wake up to this morning. Where on earth did a possible Tory majority come from?!

If I remember rightly last time, a lot of people who normally would vote for the Tories voted elsewhere as a "protest vote". Hence a lot of the Lib Dem votes last time were actually people who would normally vote Tory, wanted to protest but didnt want to vote Labour. I guess this time around those voters are more happy with the Tory party and went back to voting how they would normally do.

What I thought was interesting was that from what I read earlier, UKIP actually had over 3 million people vote for them, more than who voted for SNP and Lib Dem. But, due to how the election system works, they didnt get many seats. Certainly excellent results baring in mind they seemed to have come from nowhere over the last few years.

What makes me laugh the most today is that a lot of people I know on facebook are slagging off the Conservatives and saying how disappointed they are with the result, and that the worlds come to an end etc. etc. etc. At the end of the day the public voted and regardless of which party you support, if the conservatives win then its because the majority of people want that. Thats the whole point of votes really.

Labour took Chester from the Conservatives with a margin of 93 votes.

Every vote certainly does matter

• Like 1