Poor Porsche's?

14N

I work next to a large Porsche Centre/Dealership,; and everyday they move their 'stock' (a considerable number of Porsche's) out of the secure overnight storage and park on the forecourt.

Then every evening, the cars are started again and moved back into secure storage (the forecourt is empty come closing time). The cars move a maximum of 20-30 metres before being parked. The same procedure is followed every day.

Am I the only one that thinks all this 'cold start - move - park - switch off' followed by 'cold start - move - park - switch off' approximately 9 hours later, really can't be doing the engines much good? :shrug:

Possibly. The issue is that when you start a car up, all the oil is in the bottom of the sump so none of the important bits have any oil on them at all. Now, in practice we know that's not quite true as unless the car has been sat for years then oil finds a way of coating everything, but the coating will be massively reduced.

In a perfect world you'd never do it, but in the real world you can't do anything about it so I wouldn't be worrying.

Same thing happens at the Lambo/Bentley garage in Pangbourne :rant:

woaaa you must live close to me!!

No, but I live close to you Mwah ha haha ;)

But seriously, I'm not sure they ever actually sell any of they're cars.....just seem to shuffle them around.

That place does holds special memories for me - I pass Mr GTR there ever day at quarter past five, pretty sure he winked at me yesterday. Must be my Dubai tan lol

• Like 3