£5k 350?

Up it by a grand and bag yourself a much better one ;)

Looking on pistonheads etc their is very little at the 5k mark and nothing I'd part cash with.

It's said over and over on this forum but it's not worth skimping on the initial cost on a car like this and if the extra 1k or so is going to be a problem financially, running it will be an even bigger issue as these are not cheap to maintain.

Not trying to sound nasty, just being honest and :welcome:

Thanks for the replies.

An extra 1k won't be a problem, just means I will need to wait a month longer, but I'm not in a rush if it means finding something half decent. It will mainly be used as a weekend toy so if it means upping the budget by a couple of grand to get something a bit better, then I'll do it.

• Like 2

:welcome: 5k hmmm........... it really depends on how lucky you are

^^^^ Exactly this.

Someone may be desperate to sell, needs the money, moving abroad etc

Just go in with your eyes wide open and go through the car with a fine tooth comb :)

:welcome: 5k hmmm........... it really depends on how lucky you are

^^^^ Exactly this.

Someone may be desperate to sell, needs the money, moving abroad etc

Just go in with your eyes wide open and go through the car with a fine tooth comb :)

This is the sort of fine tooth comb you need for a £5k Zed :lol:

668c017bb642f49c8306cd2291edb11d.jpg

No way you could expect it to be perfect in all respects but at the end of the day it is how a Zed drives that REALLY matters not so much how it looks, so as long as the engine pulls hard, cornering is sharp and the clutch is not too heavy then it will make a fantastic weekend toy :teeth:

Edited by spursmaddave

Controversially, if I was buying another one I wouldnt be looking to spend any more than 5K - mileage isnt a concern as the engines are pretty understressed, Id replace suspension on anything I bought and they dont seem to rust much either.

I know the HR's have more power (but less torque ;)) and better interiors, but Id rather save the money. Im probably not your average owner though :lol:

• Like 1

I'm going down the route of part cash part finance and its a real pain in the a**e

7k budget for a coupe, it's got to be no older than 10 years old and less than 100k miles. There's only 1 out there and I'm not impressed

Seriously thinking about looking out for something else

Controversially, if I was buying another one I wouldnt be looking to spend any more than 5K - mileage isnt a concern as the engines are pretty understressed, Id replace suspension on anything I bought and they dont seem to rust much either.

I know the HR's have more power (but less torque ;)) and better interiors, but Id rather save the money. Im probably not your average owner though :lol:

Sounds spot on to me, no point paying top $ unless you want a car to show and not go,. The HR interior isn't that much of an upgrade to warrant the extra, or like you say the HR engine which is not a massive improvement either.

If driving is your thing then you can have 99.9% of the fun in a cheap ass, old high miler Zed than a mint low mileage newer one...

• Like 1

Wait till you have the money in CASH!!

It ALWAYS makes people's eyes open wide.

Plus, ALWAYS be prepared to walk away. I looked at quite a few piles of cr#p before I found mine.

Take ya time mate, but believe me - you'll enjoy it!!

Year's ago I worked for a Finance House leasing cars. I had a brand new demo EVERY week for 4 year's!!!

None, not even XKRs, RS4 (which was my actual favourite) RS6, AMGs etc etc gave me the pleasure of stomping on the zed pedal in 3rd and.......oh...what a beautiful sound!!!

Edited by Bluestrike

oooh sneaky, I was thinking, that's pretty keenly priced for a 2006 zed, but then right at the end of the advert I saw the four little letters 'CAT D'

the same seller has another 2006 car for £6450 that isn't a CAT D - but that one's done 122,000 miles :lol: