From Hero to Zero <1mile

Daryl

Well iv spent the week fitting my Invidia exhaust on my drive way, and spent around 5 hours or so polishing the back box, but mainly the tips, as they were a burnt finish, and i wanted polished, plus they were a rather mucky inside. You will see the photo's at the end. Mega chuffed that id got it all fitted up, and mega excited about getting to try out the new exhaust and drive the Z for the first time in 2 months. Really enjoyed the 30minute drive, and when i got home wanted to check everything was alright. To my horror, one of the tips was missing! After going to sit down for 5 minutes, i thought id retrace my route and see if it was at the side of the road. Got less than a mile away i spotted it in the central grass verge, and overjoyed, found a safe place to pull over and go pick it up. Though i really shouldnt have bothered. Looks like its scrap to me, though il go and see if the fab shop at work can do anything with it. Luckily, Tarmac is hopefully sending me a spare set he has in the next couple of days, do all is not lost, just really infuriated that iv now got only one good tip. I did them both up pretty tight with a 3/8 drive, and even when i got the run away tip home, i couldnt move the clamp on the tip, so it was on pretty tight. No idea what else i could have done really, as didnt want to over tighten the clamps and bugger them up. Anyway, photos for you all to see.

6459B5AB-30FA-47E6-AEFA-CE3B5B729CDB.jpg

40A6B417-27C9-4207-A282-AB0E057307E6.jpg

Edited by Daryl
  • Like 1

Cheers Dan, lol, i did it was tight as i could without going to FT, and both were done with the same amount of effort. Didnt want to use a breaker bar, but used a 3/8 drive with socket.

Should feel lucky that it didnt cause an accident really, and that the only damage is to a piece of metal, all be it an expensive one!

I know the problem - you made everything so shiney no amount of tightening would hold 'em on to the backbox pipes :lol:

More seriously, rotten luck for that to happen and good news there are replacements on the way. :thumbs:

Funnily enough i was wondering the same!

Still atleast it wasnt the whole exhaust, and it does sound amazing. When i got on my drive i took it to high up the rev range and backed off,the crackles and pops sound stunning. Still happy with it.

Oo sorry dude:(

As said , at least an easy fix!! I might get some pressure washers to stick on mine just to be on the safe side !!

To be honest the supplied method of holding the tips on is very good, i just obviously didnt ho FT on the torque setting! Next time il makesure they are clamped up fully.

Love the noise it makes though, and the pops and crackles if you come off the gas from the limiter.

Iv not driven the Zed for nearly 3 months, but it seems a little quieter to me after the non resonated Scorpion I had fitted before, plus the rasp from the HFC's has gone now. Im running Miester R Zeta S coilovers, with adjustable rear camber arms and toe bolts. Superpro Bannana arms bushes too. Though im wondering if i need to change to adjustable drop links, as only running standard ones at the moment.