UK Mustang - Pricing Revealed

370Ad

Before everyone starts wetting their pants over these I hired the v8 in LA last week (along with a 2014 Stingray). While it may ostensibly appear to be good value the build quality is very poor (think proton circa 1990), the steering is servoed to death and too floaty, and the throttle response is hilariously slow. It's a big fat American GT, not a sports car. The zed feels like a scalpel in comparison with rolls royce build. Still, the Stang is a lot of fun to powerslide and can sound rorty if you keep the revs high enough.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

Spoke to a dealer yesterday and the "story" is......

RHD production will not commence until September.

This is the best bit..... the first 500 are to be made available to Premiership and Champions League footballers, some sort of promotion by Ford. It's not to say all the 500 will be snapped up, but he doesn't know what deal they will be getting.

So at the moment it's £1000 down - a special form is filled out then Ford will deal with you direct. To stop you selling your place in the queue.

The dealership I spoke to has had 5 confirmed deposits across the the South West, all 'rag tops' and all 5.0L manuals. No take up on the 2.3L and no interest in autos. Most popular colour - grey.

So, if you want one, you might get one for March 2016.

It's a good "story" ...........

(Oh can't sleep- got gout)

The first 500 were sold to anyone who placed an order during a CL game last year, not to the footballers involved. Big promotion thing at the time, I remember being tempted to pick the phone up myself...

Long lead times on Fords in nothing new, I waited 18mths just for my truck!

• Like 1

Hang on......someone has driven one and didn't like it much?

I thought we were all instructed that we had to want this car, otherwise we weren't 'petrol heads'. Not sure I want to be a 'petrol head' anyway - sounds a bit too much like 'crack head'.

Edited by sipar69

I thought we were all instructed that we had to want this car, otherwise we weren't 'petrol heads'. Not sure I want to be a 'petrol head' anyway - sounds a bit too much like 'crack head'.

someone drove a cabrio auto, because thats the same and he says it was a 2014 not a 15

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

someone drove a cabrio auto, because thats the same and he says it was a 2014 not a 15

Actually it was a 2012 - has it really come on that much in three years? Guess you could say the same about the C6 vs C7 corvette...