UK Mustang - Pricing Revealed

370Ad

Hang on......someone has driven one and didn't like it much?

I thought we were all instructed that we had to want this car, otherwise we weren't 'petrol heads'. Not sure I want to be a 'petrol head' anyway - sounds a bit too much like 'crack head'.

someone drove a cabrio auto, because thats the same and he says it was a 2014 not a 15

Actually it was a 2012 - has it really come on that much in three years? Guess you could say the same about the C6 vs C7 corvette...

It's the next iteration, just look at the 350 vs 370 interior.

I contacted my local dealer and this is what he said

'As briefly explained when you came in, the current situation with the Mustang is that only 1500 units are going to be brought to the UK per year, so they are going to be in high demand! We were recently asked to provide customers details who had placed a deposit with us by Ford for the initial build waiting list - this has now closed. We now have to wait for the next allocation for any future interest - to be honest I would expect the current wait being at least two years.

Apologies I cannot be more positive. It's going to be an awesome car I am sure, and because of the supply restrictions will be hot property indeed and can see them changing hands for more than the list price initially.'

So went and saw one today. Was very impressed if I am honest. Interior quality is vastly improved and it has great lines from the rear. Nice modern touches like reversing camera and mustang logos that light up the floor when you open the door.

Has a lovely V8 burble and pop on over run.

Took some poor quality photos too.

IMG_20150131_155932_zpsxgwm9zpd.jpg

IMG_20150131_155717_zpswm9xxrro.jpg

IMG_20150131_155813_zpscl63hzaz.jpg

IMG_20150131_155917_zpsxtrjmxxz.jpg

IMG_20150131_155804_zpsv7evgut8.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics. I'm still not very keen on the looks. I think it looks good from the front and back but the side profile doesn't do it for me. Exhaust tips look surprisingly small but I guess that's easily rectified. Nice colour.

In the flesh, how did it compare in size/presence wise to your Z?

Edited by sipar69

I agree with you there actually. The side profile isn't the best but I don't think the awful pov spec 18s from the US help.

Size wise it felt quite similar to the Z. Which is odd as I expected it to be much bigger.

There is one thing I don't like too. The front lip and side skirts are none painted black plastic which I feel is a bit cheap and let's the car down slightly. As the rest of the car seemed very well made.