6 foot 17 ish stone will I fit ?

nissanman312

You'll be fine buddy,

I'm just over 6ft and 17 stone and i'm fine with mine, although get some decent seats where you can sit lower, and becarefull what cage you get as they can restrict the amount of travel on the seat going back and can lose that few inches that makes all the difference.,

We are thinking about going 3 way on a track car this year as well with the guys at work should be good fun

Dave

You'll be fine BUT you will either have to fit any aftermarket seat literally to the floor, or stay with the stock seat (which means you can't run harnesses). Any aftermarket rails actually raise the seat up.

So yeah, what Docwra says.

i had an mx5 and i'm 6 foot, although i took an inch or so of seat padding out so i sat lower in the standard seats. i'd probably mount a seat to the floor, but if you're buying with some mates you'll likely need the sliding rails, unless you're all the same height and proportions!

i had an mx5 and i'm 6 foot, although i took an inch or so of seat padding out so i sat lower in the standard seats. i'd probably mount a seat to the floor, but if you're buying with some mates you'll likely need the sliding rails, unless you're all the same height and proportions!

no were all sorts of shapes and sizes

back on topic, why an MX5? yeah they're nimble and handle well, but add two burly blokes and that nimbleness will be lost - certainly an extra 200kgs won't do anything for the power to weight ratio either!

unless you're particularly keen on an MX5 or particularly un-keen on a beemer, i'd be on the lookout for track prepared BMWs as well - something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-328i-MOT-Track-Car-Very-Quick-Schnitzer-Alloys-Bucket-Seats-Modified-Tuned-/231448125430?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35e3621ff6

I think it depends on the track, and your definition of fun... somewhere like snetterton, Bedford, Silverstone, maybe even donington an MX5 would be monstered by an E36 which would have the advantage on long straights and long fast corners. However if you plan on going to Cadwell park, Blyton park or maybe even rockingham or oulton park, the nimbleness of an MX5 will be advantageous through the twisty stuff.

Ideally, you'd try (or at least sit in) both, and decide which is for you. for me personally I like power down the straights and the occasional massive lairy slide through a corner when the back steps out, rather than go kart handling.

Our mate has an MR2 which is good in its own way - brakes and corners like a demented terrier, but I wouldn't feel comfortable getting the back out. each to their own!

• Like 1

back on topic, why an MX5? yeah they're nimble and handle well, but add two burly blokes and that nimbleness will be lost - certainly an extra 200kgs won't do anything for the power to weight ratio either!

unless you're particularly keen on an MX5 or particularly un-keen on a beemer, i'd be on the lookout for track prepared BMWs as well - something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35e3621ff6

189,000 miles on the Beemer...!!! No thanks. :scare: :scare:

probably why its only at just over £500. if it stays that price it'll be a bargain, even if you only get half a dozen trackdays out of it before the engine goes bang.

however, I often think that if an engine has made it to 189,000 without going bang, its probably made of quite stern stuff, so an extra 5k of track miles isn't likely to do much harm! as long as fluids are kept in check and its warmed up and cooled down properly, I cant see any reason why the engine would let go.

Plus i'd much rather have nearly 190,000 miles on a pretty unstressed large capacity NA engine than on a smaller, high revving, high compression engine, or anything involving forced induction... very little to go wrong on a BMW straight 6 :thumbs:

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 2