Anyone know what this? Found under passenger seat.

Randy_Baton

...so small and insignificant, but the previous owner might have had to drill out/remove the locking nuts, possibly damaging something in the process, get new nuts etc. It would have been a ball-ache.

..and it was under the seat all that time :lol:

Nope, first car I've owned and I'm about 16 months in.

Then I accept your lack of knowledge as reasonable :)

I'd make sure that it is the right one for your car, just pop outside and see if it fits the locking nut, better to know before you need it... /VOE

...so small and insignificant, but the previous owner might have had to drill out/remove the locking nuts, possibly damaging something in the process, get new nuts etc. It would have been a ball-ache.

Fairly certain its from the last garage visit, I would have noticed it before. Presume its either mine or from another car. Would it normally be kept in the boot with the spare tyre, presume it would be needed to get the spare wheel on?

Fairly certain its from the last garage visit, I would have noticed it before. Presume its either mine or from another car. Would it normally be kept in the boot with the spare tyre, presume it would be needed to get the spare wheel on?

You'll know if it's yours Randy.

Just look at your alloy wheel nuts ~ if you have a locking nut it will look different from the other four. Get that locking wheel nut key and then push it onto the nut you think looks different. If it fits tightly then it's your key.

Best to keep it in the boot with your other tools if it is yours, should you need to change a tyre. ;)

Easy to get hold of another one, Nissan sell them for about £15 each. There's only a few combinations, just take your car to them and get them to order you the right one. :)

Well worth having a spare at home, I promise you!

Easy to get hold of another one, Nissan sell them for about £15 each. There's only a few combinations, just take your car to them and get them to order you the right one. :)

Well worth having a spare at home, I promise you!

That's fine if you know you need one in good time. I needed one at short notice once - you can imagine how easy that turned out to be with Nissan's stellar customer service approach.

Theres a foam holder in the boot which holds the jack etc, it fits into that. You can't miss the shape, bit like a jigsaw. I can't believe you haven't checked ur nuts in 16 months though. I loosen all mine and re-torque every month when I do a full check of the car (thats when its not been at the track)

Theres a foam holder in the boot which holds the jack etc, it fits into that. You can't miss the shape, bit like a jigsaw. I can't believe you haven't checked ur nuts in 16 months though. I loosen all mine and re-torque every month when I do a full check of the car (thats when its not been at the track)

Forgot to mention the boots at the rear of the car.. 😜

• Like 1