Speeding Video

Ceejay29

First of all apologies if this is a repost, I believe it is a few weeks old now so probably is!

I am astonished by this video that has popped up on my news feed and am not really sure what to make of it; most of the people commenting on it are full of hatred for the Police in general. After viewing it I feel that the officers were simply doing their job and serving our community. I believe that the driver was speeding hence their aggression and have broken the law....just hold your hands up?

What also frustrates me is that the driver refuses to answer any questions but will happily ask some himself and expect a response! Maybe I am being naive but think the occupiers of the car are being tossers! Or are they completely within their rights...what are our rights?!

Edited by Ceejay29
  • Like 1

I've seen a few of these on youtube, this one being one of them.

I sit on both sides.

On one side:

- i think the sorts of people that film these obviously do it for laughs and kicks. Therefore they automatically become classed as Bells of the End variety.

- In order to setup their video stunt, they have commited some sort of offence. yes they have, no matter how they dress it up to the police or split hairs; something they were doing has caused them to be pulled / questioned.

on the other side:

- its very entertaining to see the public get the better of the police on a 'legal' matter. the Stunteer (such a word?) may be talking completely out of their arse, but if the Police are left speechless, well... shows how poor their knowledge is!

Lets be honest though about the motive for such a video. The Stunt is performed to show Police wasting time, money, and being incompetant. But in order to do so, the Stunteer's need to waste Police time, money, and to try (succeed or fail) to prove their incompetance.

hypocryitcal.

55363609.jpg

Edited by Pritchard

My brothers a solicitor and we sit and laugh at these videos all day.

We both love proving that a lot of police don't actually know the laws, what the can and can't do, and also outing them for the abuse of powers. However its both our views that in court, a decent lawyer would rip people like this apart on the dock.

• Like 2

I am astonished by this video that has popped up on my news feed and am not really sure what to make of it; most of the people commenting on it are full of hatred for the Police in general. After viewing it I feel that the officers were simply doing their job and serving our community. I believe that the driver was speeding hence their aggression and have broken the law....just hold your hands up?

What also frustrates me is that the driver refuses to answer any questions but will happily ask some himself and expect a response! Maybe I am being naive but think the occupiers of the car are being tossers! Or are they completely within their rights...what are our rights?!

Definitely agree with you.

My view ~ the two people in the video, namely the male driver & female camera woman are to**ers of the highest order. :thumbdown:

Providing they where actually speeding then in my opinion the Police have every right to stop them & they (the driver/passenger) should be as apologetic & non confrontational as possible, ...which they weren't.

Clearly out to stir up trouble & get some good footage for their Youtube channel. Pr*cks.

• Like 4

Police are like doctors, there's no real need for them to know every single law ever. For the most part, a basic overview is more than enough.

The biggest problem is that we get so many videos which show police abusing powers; but we never get to see all the times that they are there to protect and help people, how many drunk people they take home to keep them safe, how many kids they stop drinking on street corners and ruining their lives, how many people the save from other hideous crimes.

They do have to have an understanding of the law also, however they need to be trained better in exercising it.

• Like 1

These video's annoy me. The officer(s) are only trying to do their job. If you're acting suspicious, speeding or committing another sort of offence, they're gonna want to speak to you in order to keep the rest of us safe. These pricks on their high horses need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 9

These video's annoy me. The officer(s) are only trying to do their job. If you're acting suspicious, speeding or committing another sort of offence, they're gonna want to speak to you ignored to keep the rest of us safe. These pricks on their high horses need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

:clap:

Everyone knows speeding is illegal. The fact the occupants of the car have brushed up on the law to challenge the police on theirs is inconsequential in the long run I think. Furthermore, they have brushed up on the law to get away with a "crime" which means they are fully aware of their wrong doing and are trying to get off Scott free. I see it this way, if one of their loved ones or one of the occupants died in a traffic accident because somebody in an Audi was doing 110 mph on a public road, they'd want them bang to rights. Yes, most people speed, yes, we all Know it's a no no, yes, the police could have better things to do, maybe on this occasion they didn't. You can't have the whole constabulary working on 1 murder case for example. Bottom line is, they are guilty as sin and should just take it on the chin.... or on the license as the case may be.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 2

Suspect if they didn't provide their details the driver at least would have found himself in the back of van an off to custody till it could be proven who he was and that he had a driving licence. Sadly, the idiot with the camera is able to selectively edit the footage to try and make the officers look stupid. What you never see in these videos is how the situation ends, which is usually with the person being arrested and in a much worse situation than they would have been! And for those moaning about Police going after motorists, firstly, don't forget that police officers are motorists too and secondly, surely it's a good thing if it helps keep our Zeds safe on the road!

We both love proving that a lot of police don't actually know the laws, what the can and can't do, and also outing them for the abuse of powers. However its both our views that in court, a decent lawyer would rip people like this apart on the dock.

Was in the car with your brother and he told me the line he says to the police. "Your job is to collect evidence and not to think, thats my job" :lol: i would pay quite a lot to see him in action!!

• Like 1

RTA 1988 sec 163,from memory. Police can use blue lights to attract the attention of a speeding motorist and likewise protect the scene of any stop check forthwith.

They are not just there for emergency response, it's also a myth that police must use them if exceeding the limit. The point to prove is always whether the actions taken by a police driver are warranted in any given situation.

• Like 1

Was in the car with your brother and he told me the line he says to the police. "Your job is to collect evidence and not to think, thats my job" :lol: i would pay quite a lot to see him in action!!

Lol thats a solicitor for you! Thats the difference though. He does hate criminal lawyers though as they're the lawyers that never made it to the big time. He said when he's made his money he'll go back to criminal law and do it as a hobby when he's due to retire :lol:
  • Like 1