Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

Supaguard perhaps.

There's much better products available, even when (if) it's applied properly Supaguard is pretty poor.

Agreed. Iv been involved in 'Tribos' which is a good product. Or even 'diamondbrite' with its lifetime warranty. Can't go wrong then surely?

Little update, the prep work on the main body of the car is done... Boot badge holes, rear wiper hole, aerial, old style indicators all welded and flushed, 370z indicators fitted, dings repaired and rear arches rolled etc.

It's now all in primer aside from the paint that was in good condition (bonnet/pillars)

Next week the exciting stuff starts! Dry fitting the Amuse Powerhouse skirts, the Chargespeed rear with 'Nismo'd vents' and the V3 spoiler.

Aerial welded/flushed

16.jpg

17.jpg

Boot badge holes, rear wiper hole, unrequired spoiler holes welded/flushed

20.jpg

Rear arches rolled

19.jpg

18.jpg

21_1.jpg

Old style indicator welded/flushed -370z indicator retrofit

22.jpg

• Like 5

Cheers boys, just need to figure out what spacers I'm going for, especially the rear... And if I need any camber arms/uprated bushes etc.

It's on Eibach springs I think and wouldn't want it any lower really.

Amuse Powerhouse sides test fit - they're apparently a really crap fit... They don't look 'too' bad to me, he just needs to sort the gapping and make sure they're flush with the ends of the arches... He's confident he can make them spot on :)

25.jpg

Nismo V2 bumper prep - the paint/vinyl on this was awful, so it's been stripped all the way back, a few cracks repaired, and retain the badge/line smoothing.

23.jpg

24.jpg

He reckons he'll have all the dry prep work done before this Tuesday coming :D Then paint late next week!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chargespeed rear with 370z Nismo style vents the most - I hope he gets it close enough to my Photoshops.

ventedit.jpg

v3newblank.jpg

2013-nissan-370z-white-370z-nismo-daily-pics-and-fresh-pics---page-132---nissan-370z-forum-wallpaper-59cg1ttn.jpg

My friend who is painting it is doing to the post paint detail/correction and he said he will be using 'Carbon Collective Platinum Paint Sealant.'

Seems fairly unknown, but a few on Detailing World have had good results with it.

• Like 1

Is it good stuff though Ogman? Be honest ;)

I've had a few pics of the rear bumper on complete with modified Nismo 370z style vents!

It looks just how I imagined it to! Just needs a bit of tweaking here and there he says.

Edited by Cal

^^ Gonna be very cool this Cal when it's all done. B);)

I hope so mate! It's really starting to take shape now :)

I'm especially excited about the rear as I'm not sure anyone has done it before!

My friend who is painting it is doing to the post paint detail/correction and he said he will be using 'Carbon Collective Platinum Paint Sealant.'

Seems fairly unknown, but a few on Detailing World have had good results with it.

It's not too shabby. ;)

It's effectively (well actually it is) GTechniq C1, so applied correctly it should easily see 18months+ out of it.

It's not the worst choice. :lol:

• Like 1

It's not too shabby. ;)

It's effectively (well actually it is) GTechniq C1, so applied correctly it should easily see 18months+ out of it.

It's not the worst choice. :lol:

Yeah I read even the bottle is that same, ha! Ah well, sounds good enough and my friend will apply it periodically for me :)

Just went up to see the car in the metal, the 370z indicators look perfect, a great oem looking upgrade.

The Amuse powerhouse skirts look lovely, after they're fettled with they should look spot on, much prefer the clean angles to them over my old nismo ones.

The Chargespeed rear wasn't on the car as above, but up close the vent modification looked spot on, exactly what I wanted. Debarred and roughly half the width of the regular CS vents.

Measured up for spacers for the lmgt4 wheels, 10mm front, 20mm rear should be fine.

I got a couple of pictures but nothing not seen really... Excited now :D

Edited by Cal

Just posting the latest pictures I have from the visit to the bodyshop, vent mod coming along nicely, Amuse sides on ready to be adjusted etc

Numberplate bracket hole smooth over

IMG-20150327-WA0015.jpg

Chargespeed vent to Nismo 370z style mod progress... He cut out the bar, then the recessed area and moved it in halfway, so they're half the width of regular Chargespeed vents. I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far :)

Before;

IMG-20150327-WA0012%201.jpg

After;

IMG-20150327-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20150327-WA0014.jpg

Starting to get there!

IMG-20150327-WA0013.jpg

370z side repeaters fitted - and close up of the fitting of the Amuse sides, not great, but can be sorted.

20150328_143855.jpg

A few pics I took for reference to spacers - I've decided to go for 10mm front, 20mm rear... It's lowered on Eibach springs and wouldn't want it much lower really, the 10/20 should hopefully make the 'stance' a lot nicer - I want it to look OEM but aggressive, I hate this camber bollocks :) should hopefully be flush with an even arch gap all round.

Anyone think I'll need camber arms with 20mm on the rear? What about the front?

20150328_144031.jpg

Amuse Powerhouse sides fitted - yet to be adjusted to fit better, really, really happy with them... I personally think they look more OEM than my old Nismo ones!

cd4594ac-1132-40a2-a66c-5f3889c9faa4.jpg

20150328_143647.jpg

20150328_143625.jpg

All the body work will be finalised by mid this week... The painting will start Friday/Saturday!

Should have something that resembles this very soon! Like a kid at Christmas :blush:

v3newblank.jpg

• Like 3

Is it good stuff though Ogman? Be honest ;)

I've had a few pics of the rear bumper on complete with modified Nismo 370z style vents!

It looks just how I imagined it to! Just needs a bit of tweaking here and there he says.

Yeah I have it on mine mate, just ensure he does two passes of the stuff...horizontally and vertically across each panel and it gives the best bond! I can't fault it on mine to be honest, leaves an awesome finish. Makes washing the car a piece of p*ss as well!!

• Like 1

Cal where did you get your plates made up?

The rear JDM one is just a regular size one off eBay.

The front one in that picture is an illegal one also off eBay, like this - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b7cf0aa1

For the front though I am currently running a legal JDM rectangular plate (has BS number etc and correct JDM size smaller font) to purchase one of these you need to send your V5 off to prove your car is an import.

https://www.craigspl...t-number-plates

Edited by Cal
  • Like 1

Yeah I have it on mine mate, just ensure he does two passes of the stuff...horizontally and vertically across each panel and it gives the best bond! I can't fault it on mine to be honest, leaves an awesome finish. Makes washing the car a piece of p*ss as well!!

Sounds good to me mate! Less hassle washing it the better :D

• Like 1