Where to park?

Grundy

In a predicament.

I moved to petersfield due to car being off the road, so this way I was closer to work.

Now I'm closing to a time where the car will be fixed.

Now the issue is where to park? Behind our block of houses behind a nice safe electric gate are perfect parking spaces each allocated to a house.

However the landlord doesn't want to rent me it. Gave me an excuse of 'their for visitors and neighbours have already been complaining' now this is bullshit. She's the only one with the fob to the gate and parks there when she stays over (I live In a 5 bed town house shared accommodation )

I wouldn't of mind if she just said she wanted it....

So I could park on the street. It's just a housing road but parking a tight outside and the spaces are at least 20 yards from the house. It's also quite a busy road for pedestrians. And my car is hardly subtle...

Now maybe that wouldn't be too much of an issue, but the other thing is I'm 50 yards away from the train station. Which means all the commuters park on that road and their parking is horrendous. And me being 2 minutes walking distance from work would mean my car is left there every working day of the week...

I can park at work.... In the evenings and weekends which is fine. It's secure with cameras. But still leaves me the issue of week days. And I don't really want to do short half a mile journeys each day in the car. It's not healthy.

There is a monthly pay car park opposite my work, safer than the street, but again that's further from my house and still in the public eye.

So my options left are

Option A being the easiest. Ask my neighbours if they want to rent me there space

Option B park at work and think of somewhere to park during week days. But does include pointless short journeys.

Options C find somewhere in petersfield that does car storage / garage etc.

Options D look at renting else where.

I know it may sound silly and drastic. But I'm spending a lot to get my car back on the road, last thing I want is for it to get damaged.

Thoughts and ideas please.

#teamtarmac

^^^That'd be my second choice. I like to be able to see my car. FWIW, If it were on the street, I think it'd push this moderate man over the edge. There's always some slack jawed troglodyte tosser who'll key a car for no good reason and as already said, some monumentally shite parkers who don't mind trading paint.

What's wrong with leaving it at work all the time? If it's such a short walk I'd leave it there full time.

Edit: bl00dy typos

Missed that bit off,

I can't park at work during work hours, they're allocated spaces. But after 3pm I can keep it there until the next working day.

Option E - tell landlady that unless you can rent space, you will have no option but to move out - ultimate bargaining chip

Possible, would need to find a place first, as she's very money oriented. I.e any hint of me leaving and she will have me out and have someone else in asap :lol:

I would do anything to avoid parking in a public space if I were you. That's why I sold my Zed. I just couldn't bear to watch the ox-like people who had the next parking space to me, lumber in and out of their cars taking chunks out of mine as they went. Hope you can get something sorted because it is bl**dy horrible to think your car is constantly at risk of damage.

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but where is it currently parked and why can't it stay there when fixed?

It will be back on the road soon, so planning on where it's going to be kept (It's currently at my mums 25 miles away)

No chance of getting an allocated space at work?

To be fair wherever you park it and it is adjacent to other spaces you are always going to risk door dings etc but it's still better than on street where vandalism can take place. Have you looked up renting someone's driveway? I know there are websites for this and typically they are for during the daytime while the home owner is at work in their car but may be worth a shot.

Agree with Flex, if you can and are that concerned, rent a garage. If you're lucky you might find one close to you. If not, leave it on the street or look for somewhere to rent that has parking / garaging.

It's a bit crap but those are the options, other than selling the Zed and getting something you're not concerned about.

Cheers guys.

Got a few options.

Easiest will be if a neighbour rents their space.

It turns out my company has garage lots. So going to find out the closest and if I can rent.

Can't have a space at work as they are all allocated and I used to get told off for parking there :lol:

I don't mind moving.

So looks like there are a few options. Just hopefully the answer is local.

#teamtarmac

Parking the car anywhere though has got to be better than it's last parking spot on the back of a flat bed truck. :surrender:

Can't wait for you to get it all sorted Matt so you can enjoy it again. :yahoo::thumbs:

Cheers bud, true, but at the same time last thing I want to do is spend all this money getting it back on the road and having it keyed or damaged in some way :(

Cheers bud, true, but at the same time last thing I want to do is spend all this money getting it back on the road and having it keyed or damaged in some way :(

Totally agree with you and like you when I leave my car I do everything possible to give me the best chance of coming back to an undamaged Zed. E.g: park in a safe area or miles away from other cars if I go to a supermarket etc.

Unfortunately though there are a lot of mindless idiots, selfish pr**ks, jealous planks and just darn right careless people on this planet with us so sometimes things will happen to our cars no matter how careful we are when we leave the car's anywhere other than a locked up garage (if we had them).

Try not to worry about it too much though as this is one of the things that spoilt my ownership of my last highly modified car (a JDM Impreza WRX) as I was forever worrying about it getting just the slightest mark on it. With my Zed I still worry about it and try to keep it safe but if something happens now I just try to remember sh*t happens & not let it ruin my life.

You've already had one of the worst things that can happen to any car happen anyway Matt which is the engine letting go so hopefully it will be onward's & upwards from now on. B):thumbs:

• Like 1