Wedding Etiquette

Flex

We got married last week!! Had a fantastic day.

Quick question, we're sending thankyou cards, question is two couples didnt get us anything (and whilst that's not the problem) it's a bit strange. We did have a few bottles of wine as gifts with no tags on. What would you do a) send a vague thankyou card B) send nothing c) say a few things got separated from card and ask what they gave?

Congratulations Flex. Well done. I would just thank them for the present

if they didn't give you one they will feel bad and think you are been sarcastic,

if they did giver you one they will be happy with your thanks...Win Win.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I dont want to come across as sarcastic, even though I normally do! In this instance I wanna be diplomatic.

• Like 1

Option C) WHERE'S MY F***ING PRESENTS YOU TIGHT B*STARDS??!!

I made a little joke of it when I did my groom speech, by saying that we were very grateful for the presents from those that did give us stuff, but that those who didn't really shouldn't worry about it as the gift list was still open for another week and they could still make a purchase at any time :D Got a few laughs, but I also got more presents as some people really did go back and buy us stuff! :lol:

• Like 3

Option C) WHERE'S MY F***ING PRESENTS YOU TIGHT B*STARDS??!!

I made a little joke of it when I did my groom speech, by saying that we were very grateful for the presents from those that did give us stuff, but that those who didn't really shouldn't worry about it as the gift list was still open for another week and they could still make a purchase at any time :D Got a few laughs, but I also got more presents as some people really did go back and buy us stuff! :lol:

Only you would/could do that Dan.

lol.

How about a generic card:

"Thank you to everyone for joining us on our special day and for all the lovely gifts we received"

That should cover everyone - regardless of whether they gave anything.

I like this! Cheers Netti!