Wedding Etiquette

Flex

What does the Missus say about it Flex,

they normally have the last word..!! ;)

She wanted to send a thank you card saying tight b@stards, fortunately I pay for postage so I intercepted.

lol

• Like 1

Commiserations ........opps sorry, wrong 'C' word - CONGRATULATIONS :clap:

Oh, and I would go for Mrs Busters suggestion so you can also give the wife one of those cards as well if that R34 has not appeared on your drive and given you generously gave her your Zed as prezzie :stir::lol:

• Like 1

How about a generic card:

"Thank you to everyone for joining us on our special day and for all the lovely gifts we received"

That should cover everyone - regardless of whether they gave anything.

^^This. :clap:

Mrs Buster has nailed it. Best advice...

Definitely spot on. :thumbs:

two couples didnt get us anything (and whilst that's not the problem) it's a bit strange.

In general when I got married we were amazed at how much difference there was in what people gave. Some guests who turned up for the full day (we had a sit down 3 course meal with fillet beef wellington etc. which cost us about £60 a head) only gave us a tenner, and yet one couple who we only invited for the evening buffet/disco gave us £150! Also, some just gave us a card and that was all! Luckily we only ended up with one present which we had no idea who bought it so we didnt do too badly.

It certainly made me rethink how much I give as a present to people at weddings ive been to since.

two couples didnt get us anything (and whilst that's not the problem) it's a bit strange.

In general when I got married we were amazed at how much difference there was in what people gave. Some guests who turned up for the full day (we had a sit down 3 course meal with fillet beef wellington etc. which cost us about £60 a head) only gave us a tenner, and yet one couple who we only invited for the evening buffet/disco gave us £150! Also, some just gave us a card and that was all! Luckily we only ended up with one present which we had no idea who bought it so we didnt do too badly.

It certainly made me rethink how much I give as a present to people at weddings ive been to since.

A tenner! :lol: Wow.

A tenner! :lol: Wow.

I have cheap friends :lol:

• Like 1