Good deed, followed by supreme anger

benjy88

So, this morning I had the odd experience of saving some poor young biker from being killed.

It's pretty icy this morning as I'm sure you're all aware, and I followed him onto a roundabout, where the moment he tried to turn, the bike went completely out from underneath him and went rolling across the road, as did he...

So, being pretty awake after a couple of strong coffees this morning, I elbowed on my hazard lights and yanked the handbrake, as well performing an emergency stop. I came to a halt a couple of inches from him, whilst the lorry that was behind me had to divert off down a different junction to avoid hitting me... (thank **** for that).

So anyway, I parked my zed right across both lanes, to make sure no one could try to go round me, or more importantly, run him over lol. Got out the car, picked him up, took him to the edge of the road and sat him down, made sure he was okay (he was, just a little shaken). At which point a woman pulled up in a Discovery, who was a Nurse, and proceeded to make sure he was okay.

Unbelievably though, I was then hooted at, shouted at, and 'head-shaken' at, for stopping the bloody traffic. Ended up full on arguing with some old duffer in a Focus. People were literally driving over the roundabout to get past my car, whilst I was clearing up pieces of this poor blokes Kawasaki.

My question is this: Where the hell has human decency gone????????????????????????

Fuming.

• Like 18

Good on you mate for acting the way you did and taking the initiative re blocking the carriageway while you helped move the biker, his bike and the debris, a lot of people would have either panicked and done nothing, drove off whilst rubber necking or worse still not anticipated the upcoming hazard and things could of been a lot worse.

Nice to see there are still decent people on the roads, hope the biker is ok

• Like 3

I know what you mean, I see a total disregard for other road users every day, and when you drive 800 miles a week you get a fair share of arseholes!!

Rubber neckers are my pet hate. Some blatantly slowing to a stop and there's a gap of 100ft from the car in front, I'm tooting flashing and the idiot is more interested in seeing the crash on the opposing carriageway. Drives me insane!!

• Like 1

Throwing out the assumptions seeing your car close to his probably thought you ran him off the bike?

Nah, I actually moved moved my car away from him and back towards the traffic and parked it across ways to give him more room. Only a real proper douche would think I'd actually hit him.

So, this morning I had the odd experience of saving some poor young biker from being killed.

My question is this: Where the hell has human decency gone????????????????????????

Fuming.

There never was any - It`s always just been a myth.

Fuming.

There never was any - It`s always just been a myth.

Given the evidence, I'm inclined to agree!

O it's bloody you is it???? Bloody do gooders slowing me down on the way to work! I mean it's bad enough I have to work on a Saturday without you "doing the right thing" and possibly sacrificing your car in the name of humanity!!! Come on spare a thought for us "don't care at all" guys n gals who just have to get to the till at the shop - after all it's a matter of life and death for us!!!!!!!!

;)

Well done for your efforts mate :thumbs:

Haters gonna hate and it is quite scary to see just how many people have the type of attitude I describe above.

• Like 4

Nice work, karma will dish out the rewards and punishments, a lottery win for you and some hideous gential warts for the bumlickers. Nice to see Zed owners leading the way!

A lottery win would be a sublime reward... Then I can go and get a new 370z Nismo. And then Supercharge it, then I can drive around, saving lives and being shouted at, like a slightly crap superhero.

• Like 2

Nice work, karma will dish out the rewards and punishments, a lottery win for you and some hideous gential warts for the bumlickers. Nice to see Zed owners leading the way!

A lottery win would be a sublime reward... Then I can go and get a new 370z Nismo. And then Supercharge it, then I can drive around with my cape and my pants over my trousers, saving lives and being shouted at, like a slightly crap superhero.

:lol: fixed that for you

• Like 1

A lottery win would be a sublime reward... Then I can go and get a new 370z Nismo. And then Supercharge it, then I can drive around with my cape and my pants over my trousers, saving lives and being shouted at, like a slightly crap superhero.

:lol: fixed that for you

Pmsl. :lol:

Good one Andy. :D

• Like 2