Are there more idiots around these days?

twobears

I flew back from Madrid this afternoon. Flight was only short so why did the people in front of me and Mr TwoBears need their seats fully reclined all the way back? Is it too much to ask for two adults to sit normally for a couple of hours? I never recline my seat unless it's night time on a transatlantic flight when everyone is trying to sleep.

We made good time to Heathrow but then had to wait 45 minutes for some steps to be brought out to the plane. Finally got off plane to be confronted with broken escalators. Then my e passport photograph wasn't recognised so they sent me into three different booths to no avail. When I saw a real human being told me that I had "changed my look". What, in a week?!!! I haven't even had my hair done and the machine recognised me on the way out so Madrid must have aged me :scare:

The chap who was waiting to take us home was on the verge of leaving because he thought he'd missed us so that was a bit of good luck I guess but when we got home I drove to M&S, parked in an empty car park only to come out to find some stupid ox-like woman had parked so close to Stanley (car park still empty!!!!) that you couldn't have got a sheet of paper between the two cars. She was still in her car, yakking inanely into her mobile so I let her know my thoughts on her parking skills and she told me that she had had no choice because she had to make an urgent phone call. Fine, but the bloody car park was empty you silly woman! Was it going too far when I told her that her parking would have been just about excusable if she had been awaiting a phone call about a potential organ transplant? :lol:

Right, I need wine :surrender:

Sounds like a "normal" Heathrow day if you ask me. Living somewhere as I do where the Airport is amazing, the staff are friendly and helpful, there are no queues, when I get on a plane to Heathrow my blood starts to boil before I have even get to the Atlantic Ocean . . . just ask some of the people that see my FB :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds like a "normal" Heathrow day if you ask me. Living somewhere as I do where the Airport is amazing, the staff are friendly and helpful, there are no queues, when I get on a plane to Heathrow my blood starts to boil before I have even get to the Atlantic Ocean . . . just ask some of the people that see my FB :lol:

It's not pretty :teeth:
  • Like 1

I used the word 'concur' in an Email to my boss the other day ... it's now being used by all and sundry in various contexts, usually wrongly ... ha ha

I keep sane by constantly repeating to mi'sen "it's only a game, it's only a game"

Mrs TwoBears. this is what you need always travel with it

don't let the stewardess see you use it..But IT WORKS.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

You can also buy them in the UK, I'll see if I can find the site for you.

http://www.gadgetduc...eedefender.html

Worth a read.

http://www.mirror.co...cessary-4108447

This may also help you..

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

Edited by WhackyWill