Help with CFO Court Funds

Grundy

Random Question -

A friend needs a witness to sign a document with regards to an inheritance or something.

Happy to sign it - But they have a list of available occupations that can sign it (What is this bullshit :lol:)

Network Analyst isn't on the list, any idea's or what else that occupation would come under?

Preaching to people who have dealt with this before.

Random I know, but we seem to know a lot on here.

A lot of those I understand why they are listed as acceptable witnesses, ...but Chiropodist & Photographer?! :dry: Wtf? :lol:

Yeah I thought that, some really stupid professions on there.

It's nothing too important, I'll tell her she will need to find someone else to sign - But I think it's a bit stupid with the occupation requirement as you need to know the person for min 2 years before signing - What if she doesn't know any of the above :lol: ?

A lot of those I understand why they are listed as acceptable witnesses, ...but Chiropodist & Photographer?! :dry: Wtf? :lol:

It's nothing too important, I'll tell her she will need to find someone else to sign - But I think it's a bit stupid with the occupation requirement as you need to know the person for min 2 years before signing - What if she doesn't know any of the above :lol: ?

Most people in the uk will know either:

A doctor, dentist or optician

Doctors and some other proffesions usually charge.

Pete

Although this is true, do you really think a doctor is going to go to court with you to sign some document?

Personally I think these lists are pathetic, especially when travel agent is one it.

• Like 1

Although this is true, do you really think a doctor is going to go to court with you to sign some document?

Personally I think these lists are pathetic, especially when travel agent is one it.

Thats the point, you get someone from one of these occupations to sign so you don't have to go to court to validate. The occupations on the list are deemed as members of the community who most likely have had extra checks completed on them to be in the position they hold. These positions also (nearly all) have regulatory bodies to ensure a certain standard.

Of course you hear about the stories of dodgy dentists, and rip off travel agents, but generally speaking they are upstanding and truthful members of the community.

Lets face it, any one can be a "network analyst" :stir:

The idea is to have someone validate you are who you say you are, and the validation is from a "trusted" person/profession

Edited by DoogyRev

I think you've missed the point of the form. It's so you DON'T have to go to court...

I've witnessed documents before as an "IT Consultant" but there hasn't been a list of approved professions when I've done it.

Doctor or dentist I'd say is her best bet as has already been stated. Oh Kyle the point of the witness is so the document can be signed away from officials such as court registrars etc.

Also I find very odd "union official" is on there.... It's always those guys bringing industry to its knees and anyone I know who is in a union always complains their representative is in it for themselves not who they represent.

say your a police officer, who cares lol

I did wonder how much back ground checking they did :lol: Although I'd choose airline pilot just to be cool.

@Doogy - Mofo :lol:

I still think it's a bit silly with the list of occupations - I.e. I haven't been to the dentist in years (They scare me after a needle incident :( )

And every time I've gone to the doctors I've never really had the same person :lol:

I'm lucky as I can ask someone in my work etc - But she's polish, works for a cleaning company I think with other strangers and has only been in the uk 1-2 years I think. Just trying to offer her some advice on where to go as I can't sign it now.

Also - I didn't want to sleep any way last night with all the bloody reply notifications on my phone :lol:

• Like 1

"anyone I know who is in a union always complains their representative is in it for themselves not who they represent."

It's still the same then.I remember it being like that way back. :blush:

Do they still have to have a vote about whether to have a vote about the vote "on the change to bla,bla,bla". (this happened in a union do I was at in the late 70's)

And a meeting about the meeting they want have a meeting about. :wacko:

"anyone I know who is in a union always complains their representative is in it for themselves not who they represent."

It's still the same then.I remember it being like that way back. :blush:

Do they still have to have a vote about whether to have a vote about the vote "on the change to bla,bla,bla". (this happened in a union do I was at in the late 70's)

And a meeting about the meeting they want have a meeting about. :wacko:

I believe so, fortunately I don't have the need to be in a union so have no first hand experience.

I know a few who work at a local very large aeronautical company and that does seem to be the case.

I think you've missed the point of the form. It's so you DON'T have to go to court...

Yup, missed that :lol:

I still stand by the fact that the whole thing is stupid. I've heard of people going to their MP to get these things signed, but surely the fact that you can pay someone you don't know to sign it, invalidates the whole procedure?

Yup, missed that :lol:

I still stand by the fact that the whole thing is stupid. I've heard of people going to their MP to get these things signed, but surely the fact that you can pay someone you don't know to sign it, invalidates the whole procedure?

Yep it's an old process that relies on professional people being upstanding trustworthy citizens who would do everything by the law.....

Like MP's.... Wonder if they witnessed each other's expense claims :lol:

• Like 1