New member, potential new zed owner

Hi all

New to the site and first post so apologies in advance if I’m breaking any rules.

I’m considering investing in a 350z at some point in the next 6 months so my first post is purely selfish to gather some thoughts.

I’ve taken the time to read the buying guide which is really helpful, some of the stuff in there seems fairly obvious, but from my limited experience of buying 2nd hand cars it’s so easy to forget the little things and the 350z specific stuff is really useful. Also, I’ve read with interest the thread around having to use 97+ ron petrol which I must admit was a surprise as I didn’t expect a car to require it, I always thought it was a choice in order to gain better performance from a car such as the zed. I do have a question specific to this, which I will post in there.

One car I have seen that has grabbed my attention is the one below at Junction17 Peterborough, which isn’t ideal as I’m based in Derby, but hey. The main reason for being keen on this is the low mileage and service history. Obviously without seeing the car in person I won’t know the real condition. I’ve heard mixed things about J17, but figured if I do go to see this car I just need to go with open eyes and take my time checking everything over. I’d be interested in thoughts/opinions on either this particular car or J17, in particular do people think it’s better to focus on low mileage or age?

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/NISSAN-350-Z-V6-GT-MK1-Z33B-000753

Cheers :)

Cheers guys and thanks to whoever moved the post, wasn't sure which section was most appropriate with me asking questions as well. Hopefully some time in the future I'll be a z owner will be offering words of wisdom to other newbies. :thumbs:

I’d be interested in thoughts/opinions on either this particular car or J17, in particular do people think it’s better to focus on low mileage or age?

Welcome aboard ~ tbh I've not heard good things about J17 but I've never used them myself so it's a bit unfair to comment on hear say.

I have however heard good things about Greg at Tradelink cars who is also a forum trader on here. For the price of the car you're looking at you could be driving the one below. Just a thought. :D

Tradelink cars forum member owned SC monster: http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-railway-terrace-201409057143524

Might be a bit too in your face though but have a look as Greg has other Zeds for sale that might be of more interest. Also there are Zeds for sale on here.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

Personally mileage or age of the car wouldn't worry me as much as insuring it had a good service history & has been well looked after.

:thumbs:.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome 👋

If you are not in a rush, take your time to look, search, feel and sniff around. Follow the buyers guide here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

It took me about 1 month to get my zed as I wanted a black GT zed with 60 to 70k miles on the clock, good service history, preferably with nismo rear spoiler, lower tax window, etc.... I live in West Yorkshire and I ended up buying mine in Essex (4hrs ish drive, special thanks to my missus) I did tried to get it more locally but it's not always available and some zed can be pretty limited hence I decided to pick it up from Essex.

People here in this forum are very nice and if you give them enough warning, they might help you to view the car locally for you (at your own risk but defo dependable)

Good luck with your search..... If you need help, you know where to ask now 😀

GM, thanks for the link, that motor is pretty sweet, just a tad in your face for my liking, I'll definitely keep my eye on tradelink these boards, thanks for the advice.

Veeg33, good advice on taking my time, I'm not one for rushing into things like this, but it would be easy to get carried away and buy the wrong thing.

• Like 2

Welcome. Ok time for me to fess up. I had read so many bad things about Junction 17 cars, so about 6 months ago I decided to go and see for myself, as it's only 20 mins away from where I live. I went with my brother and to be honest we both thought it was a very nice showroom, with some very nice cars inside. We also spotted some outside which weren't in such good condition, ie scratches, stone chips, dirty etc. We were seen by one salesman that asked if he could help. We told him we were just browsing and that we might be back in the future. We were left alone then for about an hour before we left.

I then spent the next 6 months reading up on here about what to look out for etc etc, as well as admiring everybody else's cars on here.

2 weeks ago I was in the position to purchase my first zed. I found 2 or 3 on auto trader that seemed to tick the boxes regarding colour, mileage, history etc, one of which was at Junction 17. I made some phone calls but the cars were being bought faster than I could get in there. I kept getting drawn to the Junction 17 one, so I made a call to them. I made a very cheeky offer on the car, which was declined. I phoned up about another similar model elsewhere, but again it had sold. The next day I rang Junction 17 again, and made 1 final offer, which was £1k under their asking price. They accepted, so I paid a small deposit, and then went for a test drive and checked everything out that I had learned about on here, and I picked the car up last Friday.

I'm well impressed with it. It still looks, smells and feels brand new :)

Z Dedicated - glad to hear you like your new motor and thanks for the feedback about J17, always good to read positive things as the negative stuff seems more prominent. Out of interest what did you end up with, age, mileage etc. Just curious as you managed to get £1k below asking, gives me something to aim for if I do go down the J17 route.

Z Dedicated - glad to hear you like your new motor and thanks for the feedback about J17, always good to read positive things as the negative stuff seems more prominent. Out of interest what did you end up with, age, mileage etc. Just curious as you managed to get £1k below asking, gives me something to aim for if I do go down the J17 route.

I got a 2007 313 GT in midnight blue with frost leather with 65k miles. See my thread titled "Is it Thursday yet" :)

Oh, and my forum name is Steve916, not Zdedicated. :D

• Like 2

Haha, brilliant, sorry about that Steve916, just realised what I've done there and not for the first time in my few posts on this forum :blush:

Haha, brilliant, sorry about that Steve916, just realised what I've done there and not for the first time in my few posts on this forum :blush:

It's ok Z newbie. I'll let you off :D

• Like 1