Interesting Facts

DoogyRev

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue! :p

Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.

Er, I can think of one more :lol:

No You can't it's not a muscle

I knew that but in my book, it's still the main muscle! :lol:

• Like 1

you obviously "flex" that muscle a lot :thumbs::lol:

you obviously "flex" that muscle a lot :thumbs::lol:

Naturally!

In Russia, it is a criminal offence to drive around in a dirty car.

But okay to drive like a *****!!

If your car is too dirty to read the number plate or see your lights properly then it is illegal in this country too, or to have window obscured by snow.... not that it stops anybody if there is snow of course :lol:

• Like 1

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married. ;)

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders. :scare:

If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure. :plane:

Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks - otherwise it will digest itself. :scare:

There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and silver! (try)

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.

You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath...(Dont try) :scare:

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. :yahoo:

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. :scare: :scare:

James Hunt competed at Wimbledon in the junior event

Dan Gurney was the first F1 driver to wear a full face hemet. He was also the tallest driver ever to win an F1 race (6'4")

Steve Morse of Deep Purple was a commercial pilot with Atlantic Eastern Airlines.

A Supernova within 100 light years of Earth would cause a mass extinction event. Luckily the nearest Supernova candidate is 150 light years away.

In 1933 only 7 Pennies were minted.

Kim Peek, IQ 87, could recall the entire contents of the 12,000 books he had read. He could complete a novel in an hour by reading the left hand page with his left eye and the right hand page with his right eye.

The asteroid impact in the Gulf of Mexico 65 million years ago was estimated to be 13.0 on the Richter Scale.

Only 4 people have been killed by wolves in North America since 1820

The next total eclipse of the Sun visible in London will be in 2726. However, the solar eclipse due on March 20th 2015 will cover 85% of the Sun.

Pete

• Like 1

snapback.pngRock_Steady, on 01 November 2014 - 19:18, said:

Unlike any other, English is the only language, that creates activity in 2 areas of the brain when spoken.

Attak Z

Please explain

Scientists aren't quite sure why, all they know is that speaking English creates 2 areas of activity opposed to 1 of any other language. That is not to say English is superior in any way, just that it is a bit of a mystery.