GMballistic's Zed ~ Supercharged 2003 Gun Metal GT Coupe (Vids added)

GMballistic

excellent stuff GM, nice figures too as above you must be over the moon, I just went a collected all my V2 tonight....sooo many bits :lol: il update my thread soon but reading yours has me made know im doing the right thing :teeth:

Thanks and trust me when I say you will love it.

Hope you got a good bit of kit, ....update your thread when you can so that you can show us some pictures of what you actually got altogether. :thumbs:

will do, looks a nice neat job in your bay , I take it the engine cover corner had to get chopped? ive got a carbon one so dont fancy chopping it i think i might have to let that go now!

Yes you have to cut the standard engine cover to fit the pulley/charger mounting plate.

Why not just cut the carbon fibre one?

Trust me it's very easy to do, :ninja: ...check out my update tomorrow (make that later today) as it might be of more interest to you. ;);)

• Like 1

Meh, it's okay I guess but I most definitely, definitely do not want one now... :surrender:

Good work Gareth (keeping it quiet, better work by Jez & co. obviously :lol: ), sounds like you're already enjoying it so long may that continue mate. :thumbs:

Edited by ilogikal1
  • Like 1

^^ Thanks both. :thumbs:

So I discovered on my way home that although these gauges look great...

115_zps241deb48.jpg

114_zpsa1e73360.jpg

...the one above which is my oil pressure gauge does have a nasty habit of displaying on my windscreen at night like an upside down HUD. :dry::lol:

So I went on eBay looking for a solution ~ found a 60mm gauge pod hood but of course it didn't fit as it wasn't designed for the holder I have. So I used my trusty Dremel and carefully milled out a recess in the hood which then allowed it all to fit back together with no glue or anything. Just push fit.

Ta da.

116_zps91ae2789.jpg

Works a treat. :D

• Like 6

OMG I'm so jealous but happy for you at the same time. The supercharger and all the bits look awesome and I love those gauges!! Put some videos up :D

I may do that one day ~ haven't really taken any as of yet. Just enjoying it myself so much when driving keep forgetting to ask my Mrs to film it. :lol:

Good way of keeping her quite too on full boost. :drive1

Edit: Oh and thanks for the nice comment btw. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

This thread just gets better and better, love what you've done with you're zed :thumbs:

Supercharger and stuff is great, bet it gives a right kick when you get chance to hoof it, my previous car was supercharged and always made me smile... Great sound, along with amazing acceleration

Those gauges look amazing too

Looking forward to the next chapter

Great build thread, keep it coming :)

• Like 1

So it was my Birthday the previous Friday and my old man came up trumps in the form of getting me a lovely black Zunsport grille for my Zed. :yahoo:

Ok I did hint at wanting one and may have left a printed copy of the page showing the exact item I wanted from Tarmac Sportz, :dry: ..but if you don't ask you don't get or you end up getting something of no use that you don't want. :surrender::lol:

Not the best picture but here it is;

117_zpsea846963.jpg

^^ The other good thing for me about having the Zunsport grille now is that it also protects/hides my oil cooler & intercooler which can only be a good thing. Bit more stealthy and hopefully less chance of a stone or something puncturing either. :)

I also purchased another item from, ...yes you guessed it Tarmac Sportz. :lol: A carbon fibre engine cover. B)

Bought this as my old standard one had got a bit cracked by Jez whilst modding it to fit around the pulleys/belts etc. No big deal though as I had already lost my Nissan badge & the "V6 3.5" logo was looking a little tatty so I was already thinking about changing it at some point.

Now for those of you thinking of getting one of these it is a great looking piece of carbon fibre goodness but imo definitely needs a bit of fettling before fitting.

I modified the fitting holes using my Dremel & a grinding stone so that I could reuse the standard OEM rubber spacing bungs & metal collars. This also provided me with the correct spacing between the cover & top of the engine block.

I also had to modify mine to fit around the pulleys/belts of the supercharger set up which I did again by using my Dremel: Firstly I drilled a series of 2.5mm holes in a curved shape where I wanted it to meet up with the straight lines I had marked for cutting. Then I used the Dremel with a fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel along the lines I had marked up to the holes I had drilled.

I then removed the piece I had cut out and tidied it all up with a grinding stone.

Also with the engine cover removed I also took the time to add a non return valve between my oil catch can & plenum in order to further stop boost pressure from pressurizing the crankcase. It does have one as standard on the crankcase but I really wanted to protect it further as Bennett & Sam Mcgoo had. ;)

118_zps25a9faf5.jpg

Engine cover came out pretty good even if I do say so myself. Just need a nice Nissan badge now to finish it off. *cough, cough, Zmanalex* :D

122_zps2ecabfd5.jpg

Thanks for reading. :thumbs:

• Like 8

Very nice touches GM so is that all the secrets uncovered now then? :lol:

Thanks ZEUS and yeah the fun's over with, ....for now. :ninja::lol::D

I still have a list of things that I want to buy/do to my Zed but I think they'll have to wait awhile. :thumbs:

That's a shame, I was enjoying this.
  • Like 1

I still have a list of things that I want to buy/do to my Zed but I think they'll have to wait awhile. :thumbs:

Well I still need to get the Nissan badge for the engine cover and I did also order something the other week from eBay that you might find amusing. Pic's next week when it arrives. :D;)

GM. That's a fantastic looking zed. :thumbs:

Cheers Harry. ;)

Definitely getting it where I want it to be.

Always wanted more performance from it as I think the looks of the 350 are great so that's why I focused my efforts more towards the performance than the cosmetics straight from the start. :)

Well I still need to get the Nissan badge for the engine cover and I did also order something the other week from eBay that you might find amusing. Pic's next week when it arrives. :D;)

Think I might have a Nissan badge, I'll have a root around in the workshop tomorrow :)
  • Like 1