Personal Achievement

Flex

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

Found out I passed my black belt today, for anyone involved in martial arts they'll appreciate what a nerve racking journey it is.

Next stop wedding in Dec, slightly less scary but not much :lol:

• Like 8

WHERE DID THE MEME THREAD GO?

Well done I guess Flex, I've got 3 black belts myself. Two from Top Man and one from Surfdome.

Think it must have got deleted, ...can't find it either so maybe someone on the mods team thought it was inappropriate. :shrug:

Edit: Lol at the belts comment btw. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

I couldn't decide which meme to use, so because I like you (I'm not saying that only so you don't beat me up...honestly....) have two memes!

sWX8C.jpg

bc03f5410155a452830fb939bdabda5d8b1f0775e24f4f57a7458b0535434901.jpg

Huge congrats dude, I know nothing of martial arts, however all films with a vague mention of it always say black is best... or is that something else? :p

• Like 2

Congratulations and I certainly appreciate the hard work you have done to achieve your black. I did mine in 1970 before all the Kung Fuey rubbish following the Bruce Lee films. That,s when I decided to stop. Today's Martial arts are far more diverse and probably take even more commitment. In my day six nights a week at the Dojo was the norm !

• Like 1

How long did that take .. From a white belt ? Will you now do the black belt 1st dan etc ?

At what level do you need to be to teach ?

Can teach now, once all instructor certs passed, although I do a bit now anyway but whilst my instructor is about.

Took me about 9 year lol, had a few years off with other things going on in my life.

Also failed my red belt once, just through nerves and if I'm honest not training enough.

Next stop 2nd Dan.