I'm getting old

Ekona

Funnily enough I seem to keep looking up the BMW M5 v10s a lot recently. Could do with more seats, more power and more comfort.

IF.. and its a big IF... i were to forget the fact that the 350z is a toy and as a toy we (my wife and i) want a soft top the M5 V10 would already be on the drive.... looking at replacing the 350 in the next year or so and the lsit of replacement options is pretty small!!!! 5.0 XKR and 4.0 M3 are on the list... and thats about it!

Because its really, really ugly and bland. Would take a shot of it though ;)

It is, and that's kinda what I like about it! I have the loud shouty car, I'd quite like a subtle barge that I can chuck stuff in & kids eventually. Probably separate the two, though.

If that's you're attitude to kids I think you should reconsider, although I think they're quite bouncy when they're young so might be ok :lol:

• Like 2

RS4 estate would be nice, but they're too much for me I think. Would high 20's be optimistic for the MPG?

Saying that, I like the look of the S6 on PH today, cheap as chips too! :D

When i said 20s i really meant you could get 20mpg :lol: the s6 wouldn't be any better on the mpg front but will be a lot less to buy!

at the end of the day you're looking for a practical estate car so the answer to the post title is yes you're getting old, soon you'll be thinking about how comfortable those trousers would be with the elasticated waist

don't give in for gods sake fight it man :lol:

Really?! Oh my.

Okay, that could actually be a goer then at some point.

before i played with the XKR i used to be able to get nearly 30 mpg

a V8 attached to a sensible car on sensible wheels and not boosted should achieve sensible MPG

we're not talking high 30's but high 20's is do able.

even played with the XKR would still do 24 mpg and that was with over 400bhp and a modified supercharger.

i know its not an estate, but the Audi A8 is 4wd, has a v8, does sensible mpg and has a 500 litre boot. ok its not as useable as an estate but its still a bigger boot than most estates.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409147382212/sort/pricedesc/radius/1500/model/a8/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/fuel-type/petrol/usedcars/price-to/8500/page/1/postcode/ip52hr/make/audi?logcode=p