I'm getting old

Ekona

Because its really, really ugly and bland. Would take a shot of it though ;)

It is, and that's kinda what I like about it! I have the loud shouty car, I'd quite like a subtle barge that I can chuck stuff in & kids eventually. Probably separate the two, though.

• Like 1

aye its got the right engine in it, but that shape BMW is just sooo bland... especially an estate in black with black leather and small wheels.

if you're looking to scratch a BMW itch its got to either a slightly older M5, or a 650i. Certainly wouldn't be buying a 3 series estate with that engine - theres only one choice for an engine in a 3 series estate, which is a 2 litre diesel. obviously.

someone drove past me the other day in a black Audi RS6 Saloon... the want levels went through the roof!

aye its got the right engine in it, but that shape BMW is just sooo bland... especially an estate in black with black leather and small wheels.

if you're looking to scratch a BMW itch its got to either a slightly older M5, or a 650i. Certainly wouldn't be buying a 3 series estate with that engine - theres only one choice for an engine in a 3 series estate, which is a 2 litre diesel. obviously.

someone drove past me the other day in a black Audi RS6 Saloon... the want levels went through the roof!

RS6 are cheap enough :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c42693757

But would prefer one of these.. :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-AUDI-RS6-5-0T-FSI-V10-RS6-Quattro-5dr-Tip-Auto-/291224664891?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43ce57bb3b

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

oh I meant the V10 RS6! still rather pricy though unfortunately... one of these days im going to get a V10 lol

problem with having a decent engine in a practical 3 series saloon is that you'll never get a chance to use the rwd chassis properly, as if you do you'll have wife screaming at you to slow down and children in the back throwing up... which means you'll be using the power in a straight line, in which case a diesel will be just fine with bags of mid range torque.

How about a 330d if a 320d is just too humdrum for you? The fast, refined wafty tourer levels would be off the chart. or even a 530d if you need even more space.

Couldn't have a diesel for any kind of fun car, sorry bud :blush:

On the occasion that I was out in it by myself, I'd want to make use of a good engine and a decent chassis. In a fantasy world I'd have a V10 M5 estate, but that's looking increasingly less likely :(

Meh, just looking around and was quite surprised by just how affordable and awesome the E91 cars are. Manual 'box too! Would still rather have a Zed next though :)

What is it you are looking for in this car Dan?

You have the fast shouty loud car, do you need a fast boring car to go along with it? More practical but will munch the fuel like any other car when you spank it, not to mention it probably weighs the same as your house.

I hear the a5 quattro 3.0tdi is the car to have these days ;)

I just want to buy another car :(:lol:

Was kinda thinking we could flog the Mini then Jo could have this, and I could use it at weekends. I like the idea of a Q car, give it a remap and some sorted suspension and I reckon it could be quite a laugh. I have the truck still for the uber dull stuff, I was kinda trying to think of the most fun but still relatively frugal petrol practical car I could: I cannot think of anything other than the E61 335i.

I'd love a Macan, but not at current prices and they're a long way from dropping. Cayenne is too big, Audi RSeses too pricey, and then I run out of ideas.

That's a great, practical 'family wagon' with some decent grunt. Not the most thrilling car to look at but then that's not the point of it is it?

That's the kind of car you get fun out of when you're driving back from a holiday in the south of France.

Family all asleep around you, cases and holiday gear all loaded up and you being able to scoot back to the ferry and have some fun on some great roads

• Like 3

Good luck getting 29 MPG... :scare: :scare:

Actually I think your find thats quite a realistic mpg....if driven sensibly....but driven properly its a whole different story :lol:15046372315_1b375f9d13.jpg

Its got Bilsteins and a Wavetrac LSD win! :)

Two most essentials mods on any 335i, and its had the water pump + turbo actuators replaced.....those two mods + cost of repair for the water pump alone will run you close to £4K...Trust me I've been there and pay for it....add in cost for new turbo actuators and that's probably £5-6K worth of mods/repairs alone...so your essentially getting the rest of the car for £3K.

For under £9K thats a total bargain :wacko: .....If your after a fast/practical/fun car your not going to get anything that even comes close for that kind of money......Mitz I you know you've been wanting to get some thing more exciting than the Insignia B)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1