GTR - I am in Love !!!

Wendy

I finally drove a GTR 2 weeks ago at Prestwold, only 4 laps, so about 8 miles. :D

OMG - Do I want one or what though?

Phenomenally fast, excellent uptake on the throttle, super paddle shift gearing, no hesitations.

Absolutely fantastic. Exact Model – sorry I don’t know. :blush:

I do know I attracted the attention of the Instructor in the other GTR on Track as I overtook his car.. ...

He came up to give me a big thumbs up – for my driving technique and speed - apparently the one I was driving was 80hp less than his, but I managed to blitz his driver !!!

Also drove the Porsche 911 (997 Tiptronic) Driven several before and was encouraged to drive this in Auto (Not something I would usually do- And won’t be doing again. )There was a lag – split second maybe, but it was there.

Finally the Aerial Atom. This would have been better I believe if I had been a little taller and not so many cushions.

A good experience – but not for me. I had a very bad experience in a Open Top car some years , so much prefer Coupe’s.

GTR won hands down !! :D

Think I will be booking one of these again, along with an R8 and McLaren next time - shame I will have to wait till Spring.

I was asked if I had thought Racing – if only......... my funds would stretch that far.

Might just be checking the running costs of the GTR though !!!

• Like 1

I didn't pay for it - just saved my Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, cashed them in to Everyman Motorsport for the Day.

I do have a Tesco Credit Card with inbuild Clubcard which I use quite heavily as I manage to use it for work too and reclaim my expenses back ( I pay it off each month) and I rarely use in Tesco's itself. But it seriously works and does not take long to build up enough for a decent day.

I will always wait until I have enough to get as much time on Track as possible to make it properly worthwhile and usually manage at least 2 Track Day Outing a year and often more.

Have to say, I have been going to Everyman Motorsport for a few years now and Wow have they come on. Many more cars available. Yes, its busy, but it seems to work. No speed restrictions, no limited cars. Just have to be careful not to get drawn into buying the Video (£35)( or photographs (£25) - unless you want to of course.

I would send Santa a Note if I was you. :lol:

• Like 1

WackyWill - It was my reading that thread - that made me think i should actually start one of my fantastic experience !!

I can't tell you how much it angers me - complete knobs on the road, track etc.

I really would make everyone re-take their Driving Test every 10 years, and limit drivers on age to horsepower.

Of course I woud not have wanted that when I was early in my driving days but then the roads were not as clogged up as they are now.

• Like 2

I didn't pay for it - just saved my Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, cashed them in to Everyman Motorsport for the Day.

I do have a Tesco Credit Card with inbuild Clubcard which I use quite heavily as I manage to use it for work too and reclaim my expenses back ( I pay it off each month) and I rarely use in Tesco's itself. But it seriously works and does not take long to build up enough for a decent day.

I will always wait until I have enough to get as much time on Track as possible to make it properly worthwhile and usually manage at least 2 Track Day Outing a year and often more.

Have to say, I have been going to Everyman Motorsport for a few years now and Wow have they come on. Many more cars available. Yes, its busy, but it seems to work. No speed restrictions, no limited cars. Just have to be careful not to get drawn into buying the Video (£35)( or photographs (£25) - unless you want to of course.

I would send Santa a Note if I was you. :lol:

I'm collecting points too but really slowly via Momentum 99. And I've been cycling to work pretty often too and missus has a company car (our weekend car) hence I'm not filling up as often. But hopefully the missus can pump at Tesco more often now. 😎

WackyWill - It was my reading that thread - that made me think i should actually start one of my fantastic experience !!

I really would make everyone re-take their Driving Test every 10 years, and limit drivers on age to horsepower.

Of course I woud not have wanted that when I was early in my driving days but then the roads were not as clogged up as they are now.

Completely agree Wendy.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

we have been out this afternoon/eve and had a fantastic run just need to pick your moments :)

I sooooo want to love the GTR but I just can't!!!

I have a MY14 Qashqai that has a much better interior!!

But have you mastered the electronic hand brake ? ;)

Haha!

No! Every time I drive it, when I stop I go to grab the keys in the non-existent ignition, pull the non-existent handbrake and get out without pressing the stop button to turn the engine off :lol:

Edited by Sarnie

I agree about the 10 year re-tests - but don't see any connection between age and ability. Of course the fact that I'm 58 has some bearing on this, but there's plenty on here who are heading up in the age stakes, but not necessarily diminishing in driving skills.

There's plenty of young idiots as well as old fools - and plenty of very young people who have considerable skill. The age element is less important than the skill . . .

• Like 1

I agree about the 10 year re-tests - but don't see any connection between age and ability. Of course the fact that I'm 58 has some bearing on this, but there's plenty on here who are heading up in the age stakes, but not necessarily diminishing in driving skills.

There's plenty of young idiots as well as old fools - and plenty of very young people who have considerable skill. The age element is less important than the skill . . .

Testing every 10 years would require in the region of 3.5 million tests every year which is probably impractical, however I'd go with a retest at 70. The thing is though that the tests have changed so much over the years. When I passed my motor bike test in 1967 there was no written part to the test, you just drove around the block and the examiner just observed from various places. After passing my test this entitled me (and still does) to drive any motor bike, no limit whatsoever. Same with the car test which I passed first time in 1969, no written test, just a few questions on the highway code and a few set maneuvers, easy peasy. Also entitled me to drive some classes of vehicles that you would need to pass a further test these days.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I finally drove a GTR 2 weeks ago at Prestwold, only 4 laps, so about 8 miles. :D

OMG - Do I want one or what though?

Phenomenally fast, excellent uptake on the throttle, super paddle shift gearing, no hesitations.

Absolutely fantastic. Exact Model – sorry I don’t know. :blush:

I do know I attracted the attention of the Instructor in the other GTR on Track as I overtook his car.. ...

He came up to give me a big thumbs up – for my driving technique and speed - apparently the one I was driving was 80hp less than his, but I managed to blitz his driver !!!

Also drove the Porsche 911 (997 Tiptronic) Driven several before and was encouraged to drive this in Auto (Not something I would usually do- And won’t be doing again. )There was a lag – split second maybe, but it was there.

Finally the Aerial Atom. This would have been better I believe if I had been a little taller and not so many cushions.

A good experience – but not for me. I had a very bad experience in a Open Top car some years , so much prefer Coupe’s.

GTR won hands down !! :D

Think I will be booking one of these again, along with an R8 and McLaren next time - shame I will have to wait till Spring.

I was asked if I had thought Racing – if only......... my funds would stretch that far.

Might just be checking the running costs of the GTR though !!!

I feel like that every time I drive mine ;) Owned for more than 3 years (all time ownership record for me) and no interest in selling. 600hp, suspension, brake and exterior mods.

On track, its fantastic!!! Need to sort a proper trans cooler for mine....

Sounds great fun ~ don't really want to drive a GTR just yet as I know I'd want one. :cloud9:

Best just wait for that Lotto win first. :lol:

go for it...... you know you want to ;)

I love the GTR but for the track I prefer the Ariel Atom much more! Unbelievable things they are!

Obviously I'd rather own a GTR though :D

Depends what you like. I like being able to drive to/from the track in comfort, music on, heated seats, etc. The atom looks like great fun and I do have it on my list of cars to own, but its a 3rd or 4th car.

They certainly are good fun on track :D

14928027743_1a8c40b36d_k_1.jpg

Im liking the boot ;)

I sooooo want to love the GTR but I just can't!!!

I have a MY14 Qashqai that has a much better interior!!

Sorry, but you dont buy a GTR for the interior.... honestly, I dont think they are that bad (come from an Impreza background).

• Like 1