Sold the Zed for a 335d!

TomLum

So I had the Zed for a couple of years but fancied a change. Its was a beautiful Z with 45k on the clock.

IMAG0158_zps1d23b668.jpg

Always loved the look of the E92 and with performance and economy of the 335 I decided to go for it!

10662021_10152706414902674_2942477003958908093_o_zps98cd7d8f.jpg

IMAG0636_zpsf5b76572.jpg

IMAG0635_zps6508de24.jpg

So far I love it. Its got all the toys and with the twin turbos it feels quicker then the Zed, its just missing the noise of the GTR pipe I had on! Soon to go in for a remap that will take it to 350bhp and 700nm :)

And just to rub it in im averaging 45mpg ;)

All comments/questions are welcome :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the nice comments! I agree I'm abit worried about garage bills encase anything does go wrong as EVERYTHING is electronic and has a sensor. It even passes you your seatbelt when you get in :O miss the noise and drama of the Zed but the BMW feels solid and just more refined. Only time will tell!

^^ The seat belt thing Tom is a nice touch ~ my old mans BM does the same thing. B)

You just need to learn how to tailgate people now and inappropriately undertake on motorways & you'll be a fully fledged BMW owner. :lol::thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 3

Have wondered what a 335d is like to drive.

Always thought that these sorts of cars would be too clinical and wont feel like a 'drivers' car. Masses of torque and great mpg for the performance but feels a little dull and doesnt sound that great.

Dont park it in a multistory car park, you will lose it in amongst all the other BMW's!! :stir:

Edited by bamdc2

Always thought that these sorts of cars would be too clinical and wont feel like a 'drivers' car. Masses of torque and great mpg for the performance but feels a little dull and doesnt sound that great.

Compared to the Audi and Merc offerings the Beemer feels like a racecar. ;)