The next car to have the numberplate ATTAK

ATTAK Z

I think you should take the chance to get into a 911 before its too late. I was close to a 911 this time, but a cross between fear of the engine exploding and not being able to find a good enough one sent my into the M6. But plans are to keep this for a few years and then sell/trade in for a newer, more solid 997.2 :)

I probably would have ordered Guards Red if I'd ordered a few months ago but there's lots being ordered in that colour and lot and lot of standard S's in Guards too.....

Spec is currently;

Cayman GTS

Racing yellow

Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors

GTS Exterior Gloss Black Package

Porsche Entry & Drive

PDK

Sports Suspension

20 Inch Carrera S Wheel painted partially Black

Smoking Package

Light Design Package

2-Zone Automatic AC

Sports Bucket Seats

GTS Interior Package with Silver Stitching

Illuminated Aluminium Door Sill Guards

Digital Radio

Preparation for Mobile Phone

PCM

Bose Surround Sound

PCCB's

:teeth:

• Like 1

OMG, sports suspension AND the buckets AND PCCB?!

AND the best wheels?!

*swoons*

I couldn't have picked a better spec myself.

I must admit, I'm wobbling on the PCCB's................and maybe even the Sports Buckets...........

I'm not taking delivery until the new '15 reg comes out in March so I have plenty of time to decide!

PCCBs I personally wouldn't choose as they're easy to wreck and expensive to replace, but the buckets are a must-have. Get the heated option too, it's only a couple of hundred quid and will make a lot of difference to resale, as well as being awesome.

PCCBs I personally wouldn't choose as they're easy to wreck and expensive to replace, but the buckets are a must-have. Get the heated option too, it's only a couple of hundred quid and will make a lot of difference to resale, as well as being awesome.

I must have missed the Heated Seats off, they are definitely on the spec list!

I think it will be either Sports seats + PCCB's or neither at all.................depends how flush I am when the spec gets locked down!! :lol:

Maybe.

Thing is, I'm trying to totally spec it to entirely what I want, not what the next person will want. I'm not planning to sell it for a good while but you never know.

Hopefully the Silverstone day thing will help to clarify a lot of the spec that I'm not 100% on........

Buckets are the most supportive, most comfortable, best looking, and lightest of all the seats n the range. Maybe I wouldn't in a poverty spec non-S, but on a GTS I absolutely would.

It's the comfort factor that I'm thinking of. I don't want them to be hardcore racing seats that the Mrs will hate sitting on as the car is going to be rarerly used but when I do take the Mrs out in it for a weekend away etc, I can't have her moaning about the seats and wanting to go in the Qashqai!!!!! :boxing:

Admittedly I've not sat in them yet, so we'll see!

I like design not one companies struggle to hone and perfect what in essence is a silly idea. Now that's my rant on the 911 esque range of porche lineage but the poor man's choice the boxster and cayman now they are really excellent to drive. I would definitely have one of those :)

I like design not one companies struggle to hone and perfect what in essence is a silly idea. Now that's my rant on the 911 esque range of porche lineage but the poor man's choice the boxster and cayman now they are really excellent to drive. I would definitely have one of those :)

Can't comment on the Cayman as I haven't driven one but I did have a Porsche Boxster S for over a week to drive, ...I wasn't impressed at all and my 350Z actually feels a lot better to drive imo.

I thought the Porsche would be better especially as it was about 5+ years younger but no it was very disappointing.

The offending Porsche... :lol:

004_zps149959da.jpg

Edited by GMballistic

It's hard to put them as the poor man's Porsche anymore, when the cost of my spec is starting with a 7 :scare:

I could buy a 911 for sure, but I just don't like them, plus if you read or watch some of the reviews of the GTS, there's a strong argument for it currently being the best car/value for money in the range.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Completely off topic
Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Completely off topic

Well I suppose aesthetically they also look like a beetle, for obvious reasons. In turn the beetle is associated with a lunatic german responsible for millions of deaths and hardship for my grandparents generation. Change your design porsche,a sporty Hitler wagon type lump hammer balanced piece of tosh :) The boxster may cost more these days than before but the poor man's anachronism stands unfortunately.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
Posted · Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Completely off topic remark is quoted here
Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Completely off topic remark is quoted here

Well I suppose aesthetically they also look like a beetle, for obvious reasons. In turn the beetle is associated with a lunatic german responsible for millions of deaths and hardship for my grandparents generation. Change your design porsche,a sporty Hitler wagon type lump hammer balanced piece of tosh :)

Unless it's just because it has 2 doors, 4 wheels, rear engined drive and 2 round front head lamps...

This...

DSC_8083A.jpg

Looks nothing like this...

Porsche_911_Turbo_01pop.jpg?itok=vxQrgp5S

:shrug:

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Tidied
Hidden by glrnet, October 4, 2014 - Tidied

Well I suppose aesthetically they also look like a beetle, for obvious reasons. In turn the beetle is associated with a lunatic german responsible for millions of deaths and hardship for my grandparents generation. Change your design porsche,a sporty Hitler wagon type lump hammer balanced piece of tosh :) The boxster may cost more these days than before but the poor man's anachronism stands unfortunately.

Possibly the most bizarre post I've read in a while. :lol:

• Like 1