Why did you join this forum?

AliveBoy

Why did you join this forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you join this forum?

• To join a community of like minded individuals.
    • To sell my car/parts.
    • To buy my car/parts.
    • For help with the car/parts.
    • To rant/rave about a trader (both on or off the forum).
    • General witty banter.
    • I'm 14+/- and the school holidays were on and I wanted to "troll".
    • Advice and tips before buying a 350z or 370z.

I probably did it the wrong way around. Bought the car then joined the forum for tips and information. The only forum of any kind that I visit regularly, and the only forum I participate in.

Only downside is that it has led to me spending a lot more money than I otherwise would, e.g. once you read that the 370 needs a better sounding exhaust, that's it - goodbye £1k. :)....once I saw the pics of GMan's new Nismo....etc etc.

Edited by sipar69

To be honest I'd always avoided owners forums, I'd heard the typical things about them and didn't want to get involved with that as my car isn't exactly to everyone's tastes. I'd also heard about this forum for a previous "member" who'd moaned a lot.

Joined up to buy a single item, saw that this isn't the typical owners forum so carried on using it :lol:

A friend of mine (who's on here) told me to join up when I started looking for a zed, it wasn't until I actually bought the car that I joined up. Wasn't too fussed about joining as previous forum experience for fiesta ST owners wasn't great and I expected the same on here too! Over a year later and I'm still here, met some great people and have had some brilliant advice. Every mod on my car has been bought from a member on here so far and apart from one bad experience with a member who has since been banned, people have been great to deal with.

In short, a fantastic forum!

Edited by Daveyboy11
  • Like 1

I joined after buying my Zed (now, sadly departed) because I wasn't quite sure what I had bought :blush: I was driving an elderly P38 at the time, although I hated it and kept it for a grand total of two weeks. I drove past a garage (also, not so sadly, now departed) and an azure roadster caught my eye so I stopped, negotiated myself a very good deal (for some reason I was feeling assertive) and then decided to find a forum in order to see what kind of car I had actually purchased.

Like most others here, I think I stayed on the forum because people were nice to me on the whole. I did get accused of psycho analysing some people in the early days which made me wonder what they were hiding :lol: but I 'spoke' to lots of lovely people and soon found myself enjoying my time on the forum. I tend to drift in and out of the place now and was going to leave when I sold Mr Zedders last week but lots of nice people told me that I was still welcome which just goes to prove what a lovely place this is ;)

• Like 5

Aye, I bought the car first, went on "the other one" and then kinda migrated here. Ive said it many times but coming from a long background of forums and car clubs its fascinating to see how this one is developing, if it keeps going like it is it will have a formidable presence in a few years time :)

• Like 1

As docwra says, joined the "other one" first, realised they were charging money for nothing and no-one used it, found this one and never looked back. Joined to get info on buying, ended up buying from a forum member and had a great 7 years with the car. Still pop on here occasionally now just to catch up with the banter and some good friends....

• Like 2

Voted for the first and last options as I wanted to check out what I was buying into and it helped me make an informed decision, but also enjoy getting to know people.

Since joining this forum, I've been to the zed shed, met a dozen or so people, and taken some guys out on a track day in my Zed.

I hovered around for a couple of months or so genning up on Zed issue's while considering purchasing, once i decided the Zed was for me then i joined the forum shortly before shelling out on my pride and joy, very informative forum and friendly too.. a great combo!

Member, yes. Avid, not really. Different kind of people, nice enough but I didn't really make any proper friends like I have here.

not so much friendly on 911uk but technical knowledge was excellent, there is a member on there GT4 who seems to know more about Porsche than Porsche do

Member, yes. Avid, not really. Different kind of people, nice enough but I didn't really make any proper friends like I have here.

not so much friendly on 911uk but technical knowledge was excellent, there is a member on there GT4 who seems to know more about Porsche than Porsche do

I've met him IRL, really nice guy :)

I'd love to see Dans comments and debates on a Porsche forum :lol: I bet they hate it when they are wrong!

i bet you never get the mpss debate on there tho

Plot Twist: Dan preaches to them, that there are other tyres other than MPSS to them :lol:
  • Like 1