Audi R8 Prices Drifting Up?

Dynamic Turtle

If it's gusset-moistening that you're after, then the only option out of that list is the Cayman. The only problem is once you get into it, it looks rather average when compared to the more GT orientated German barges.

I have it on good authority from Pork owning friends that they are phanny magnets of the highest order despite their familiarity. Their interiors could be seen as bland but I would describe them as "business like". The new 2014 cabins seem to be a big improvement but it really annoys me seeing a vast swathe of button blanks in the middle of the cabin. It's as if Porsche wants to serve a reminder that you were an options list cheapskate every time you step into the car.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

Or maybe I should just fuggedaboutit, get a Golf-R for £250 a month and focus on getting my pilots license instead? I'd probably earn more adoration wafting her across the South Downs in a Piper than Porsche anyway...

I doubt it, ...James May has a pilots licence and you'd hardly say he was a fanny magnet because of it. :lol:

Better off with a nice car imo as at least you get to enjoy it more often and don't have to ask for permission to take off in it. :D

I think R8's will continue to hold their value.

There is nothing else like them in their price range.

Still a lot of car for the money and will depreciate less than most other cars of the same value.

I personally don't like them, but 1M's haven't depreciated at all. They still sell for the same price they did new.

E92 values will drop like a stone over the next 18 months as more used m4's come onto the market.

Personally i think they will steadily come down just like every other mass produced fast Audi, like DT says, not so long ago they could be had for £35k so cant explain the hike, maybe because its summer?

After a couple of drives (not for any length of time and in the V8) i found them rather dull and uninspiring, sure they were quick enough, but there was no sense of occasion, maybe the v10 would offer something that got the senses going a little more.

Sad to say but I think many R8 buyers buy for the looks and image alone. The fact they can be really docile to drive probably makes them more appealing.

I seen that awful Flanagan girl driving one once. Might be annoying but she's a stunner.

Drivel. My Gallardo never set on fire.

Bores me seeing people perpetuating myths they know nothing of other than youtube videos

Well actually it's not drivel at all.

Vehicle manufacturers don't just willy nilly do recalls so it was obviously a real concern. Maybe it did not happen to yours but 1491 where recalled in the US.

Source: http://www-odi.nhtsa...12V430-9501.pdf

Nope. No Vehicle manufacturers ever recall anything for a pointless reason. Despite the fact that you can't fit a human into the boot of a Ferrari 458, they have still recalled them as a human wouldn't be able to escape if they did get locked in...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/ferrari-458-recalled-over-trunk-release-safety-issue

Mmm, I've not read anything which causes me major concern. I know some folks struggle with the interior, pedal spacing, the brakes being a little lackadaisical.

Other than that and perhaps poor economy I'm not aware of any other major issues, but if you do know anything else docrwa then please share, id like to know as much as possible

Aye, mag ride is supposed to be amazing, but other than that they are a bit slow, dont really handle very well and just arent a nice drive compared to a 997 or an M6. This was coming from a Bentley dealer and a former owner who moved onto the Pork, I found it difficult to accept as I love em but as they both said the same things ..........

Ok guys, thanks for the additional info, much appreciated. I'm very much a GT man, so if it's not pant explodingly quick next to other cars then that's not such a major issue.

Man Maths says I would defo go for the 4.7 S and as late a car as I could. I'll do a bit more digging in to things re the Mag ride and I guess the next thing to do is get a test drive, when time commitments allow, so I can check out the handling etc

Cheers :)

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 2