advice on whether to buy or not!?

craigbev92

Okay so I went to view my first zed today. Fell in love with it! 2003 84k miles. Mongoose exhaust system all gt extras except for nav and also has black rays with good potenza tyres all round.

Recently had lots of engine work (maintenance) done and drives very smoothly.

Small mark on the side of the leather drivers seat. Paint bubbling around rear arches but miniscule and small amount of rusting on inside of arches. A few scuffs around boot lid and rear bumper corners also.

Another point was that after a fast test drive there was a strong and vile smell from the wheels... could this just be tyre polish?

Cheers for your patience. New to the world of zed!

Cheers

craig

To me Craig it sounds a "little" over priced.

I recently had a lot of paint work done on my Zed and I had some bubbling just below the fuel flap on the rear wheel arch. They had to cut that out to do a proper repair on it and it would probably cost you around £300-£400 to have that done alone. Just a guesstimate.

Edit: Beaten to it. Confirmed too expensive then.

Edited by GMballistic

Yeah the repairs are being done and service for that price. Although I've seen and import 02 for a lot less with less mileage and a better spec which I'm going to view next week. Will push this one down to 6.5 with repairs and service though

Smell from the wheel area could just be the brake pads after your "fast test drive".

But as others have said ^^^ price is wishful thinking but if it is ticking boxes for you otherwise then go in with a relalistic price offer and if they don't meet you at your 'bottom line', move on - plenty out there to choose from.

Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Dont do Autotrader either, id go to Pistonheads, lots of very nice Zeds all within your price range. For £7000 you should get a good 05 car bar a few stone chips etc. Go standard too, you can do all that yourself and at least youll know the mod history as YOU will have done it. Check its service history too.

Remember 06 cars are a higher road tax bracket too. Part of owning a Zed is the wide range of little bits and pieces you can do to it via the trusty and knowledgeable sellers on this forum, youll get a far better understanding of your car, youll know its history and if you take the advice of the guys on here, youll have a pretty reliable bullet-proof car!! P.s Remember to check on the old insurance, i'm with AXA, costs me about £320 a year comprehensive cover.

Good luck!! :teeth:

Edited by zippypooz