advice please! which 350z to buy?

Phil.G

Hi all I'm new to this forum so you know! I'm looking to get a 350z and could afford to buy the later 313 model with low mileage (lucky me!) but put off by the 500 quid road tax! Are the improvements on the newer car worth the hike in tax cost?

Thanks in advance

This is a very late minute change of heart as I was supposed to be picking up a new gt86 next week! But have just cancelled the order, I hope I get my deposit back!

After thinking about I decided that why the hell spend over 20 grand on a car that will depreciate like mad - as good as the gt86 is, I can get a zed for half that money and it's just as good, faster, rwd, reliable and fun ( I hope)

And I could spend the money I've saved on fuel, insurance, tax, track days etc. Yes it won't be new and have a warranty but looking at the price of low mileage 350zs with FSH for what, 10 grand is a no brained to me!

Don't worry about the tax, it's only £200 a year, £4 a week. I upgraded my 04's lights all round to the facelift and that cost me 5 years worth of the tax difference. Buying an HR now is a frigging bargain and I suggest you jump in now while prices are pretty keen on them :)

You may end up with much less than your deposit back, if the dealer cannot sell the car and you have to bear the extra costs...

The car wasn't a factory order, it was already built and at their depot?

And he's worried about depreciation, a £20k 370 will probably lose up to £8k in the next 3-4 years.

This! Tbo I haven't really looked at the 370z, are they much better than their older brother? :unsure:

Better built, yes. Better engine, yes. Better styling, questionable. Better drive, matter of preference. Better noise, both need aftermarket zorsts.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

In my eyes the 350z will always look better than the 370z its just a look that will never age and the back on the 350z looks way better.

I agree that the rear of the '50 is better than the '70 :)

• Like 1