advice please! which 350z to buy?

Phil.G

I'll reiterate what others have already said:

If you can afford an HR then its a no brainer....bang for buck its a bargain!!!!

Improved engine, power, interior etc

When you floor it, that extra road tax counts for nothing.....the thrill of driving it is worth every penny in by book

You won't regret it!

You may end up with much less than your deposit back, if the dealer cannot sell the car and you have to bear the extra costs...

The car wasn't a factory order, it was already built and at their depot?

Doesn't matter, if they incur extra costs whilst trying to shift it then legally you will have to pay for that.

Unlikely though, as main dealers don't really tend to do that for fear of the bad PR, especially at the lower end of the market. Merc may have been different if you'd ordered a £100K S-class though!

I'll reiterate what others have already said:

If you can afford an HR then its a no brainer....bang for buck its a bargain!!!!

Improved engine, power, interior etc

When you floor it, that extra road tax counts for nothing.....the thrill of driving it is worth every penny in by book

You won't regret it!

After some research I think I'll go for a 07/08 plate 350z with the better engine. It does seem great value compared with the 370 and the reviews on that don't seem as good:unsure:

It seems the 350 is more driver focused, b road blaster and the 370 more GT cruiser.

Excellent forum btw cheers guys.

• Like 1

OP, have you driven any of these cars?

You sound a little like me when I look for cars, trying to make up my mind before I've actually had a good poke around and a drive of the various options.

The 350z is a really nice car and the modding potential is huge (if that's your thing). Just remember that a 6/7 year old car is never going to match a brand new car for gadgets and condition (but might make up for it in other ways), if you are comparing the zed to a brand new GT86 I think you probably need to have a good thing about exactly what you want from your new car.

FWIW, I'm pondering selling mine at the moment as I have a baby on the way in December and reckon a two seater sports car is probably not ideal baby transport.

• Like 1

OP, have you driven any of these cars?

You sound a little like me when I look for cars, trying to make up my mind before I've actually had a good poke around and a drive of the various options.

The 350z is a really nice car and the modding potential is huge (if that's your thing). Just remember that a 6/7 year old car is never going to match a brand new car for gadgets and condition (but might make up for it in other ways), if you are comparing the zed to a brand new GT86 I think you probably need to have a good thing about exactly what you want from your new car.

FWIW, I'm pondering selling mine at the moment as I have a baby on the way in December and reckon a two seater sports car is probably not ideal baby transport.

I know what you're saying, it's early days, I always try and do as much research on a car as possible but yeh I will have to go try a few. All I'm after is a purpose built, fun, reliable, RWD sports coupe that I can use on weekends etc and not as a DD. When I started this venture a couple of months ago I was looking at buying new (for the warranty, low road tax, no history to worry about) I almost bought a fiesta st mountune but then I though, hang on I'm 32 and I don't want to be seen as a boy racer - been there done that!

So I fancied a proper "grown up" sports car something a bit different (humdrum fiestas are everywhere) I looked at the Toyubaru because it was back to basics smiles per hour fun and exclusive. But now I've changed my mind, again lol, and the idea of spending 22k on a car and it losing half its value in 3 years and as fun as it was when I test drove it, I just don't think it's worth the money.

I'm not bothered about all the fancy gadgets tbo (apart from air con and heated seats) I just want a cracking drivers car that is a laugh preferbaly not a VAG brand but won't break the bank to maintain.

Edited by Phil.G